1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CB Help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CedarPark, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Dec 23, 2015 at 12:38 PM
    HAVVOKK

HAVVOKK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    Plus on some occasions you'll want communication with the truck off so it's convenient to have it run off the battery incase that instance does happen.

2. Dec 23, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Hey man, I'm in Leander in the Block House neighborhood. If you want a second look at your CB set up, let me know. I did my own minus tuning it, just went to a CB shop and the tuned it for me. If you get an swr meter, we can go out to airport hill in Lago and tune that shit right. Let me know.

3. Dec 23, 2015 at 1:01 PM
    CedarPark

CedarPark [OP] Master of Destroying CVs

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD V6 Taco, '11 2WD 5.7 Tundy
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    Directly to the battery. You can just turn it off when you get out and it won't draw power

4. Dec 23, 2015 at 1:01 PM
    CedarPark

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    What CB shop? Ordering my new setup end of the month i'll let you know for sure

5. Dec 23, 2015 at 1:04 PM
    jasontojo

jasontojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    west virginia
    Vehicle:
    SR tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    5100 Bilsteins, Toytec Fr coil lift springs, Deaver AAL packs, Mobtown tailgate reinforcement, Intermittent wiper switch, ECGS Fr Diff bushing
    I'm trying to find a wire that I can tap that when the trucks power is off it won't have power. I don't want to forget to turn off CB and come out to a dead battery. I was trying to tap the 12 v outlets but it is near impossible getting to them with out removing the whole dash

6. Dec 23, 2015 at 1:05 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    It was a CB shop up north(Delaware), but any in the area ought to be able to do it.

7. Dec 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Then use a relay, but direct battery power is best.

8. Dec 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    I attached my power and ground to the cig plug...but my CB doesn't work Lol

Wilson lol will and midland 1002z...can hear fine but other cannot hear me

9. Dec 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM
    HAVVOKK

HAVVOKK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    You can run it to the main power in the fuse block but you won't have power when the truck is off only way to do it is run it to the battery and turn it off when not in use unless you want to get really technical

10. Dec 26, 2015 at 2:08 PM
    jasontojo

jasontojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    west virginia
    Vehicle:
    SR tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    5100 Bilsteins, Toytec Fr coil lift springs, Deaver AAL packs, Mobtown tailgate reinforcement, Intermittent wiper switch, ECGS Fr Diff bushing
    I ended up putting a fuse tap on the ACC. works just like I wanted

11. Dec 26, 2015 at 5:34 PM
    CedarPark

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    Ordered all the fun stuff today :bananadead:

I got:
    5' Firestik II with a tunable Tiiiiiiiiiip
    9' RG8X COAX cable (contacted the guy, told him itd take elemental abuse, bought the one on steroids)
    Some kinda mounting stud
    Relentless Fabrication Mounts

Shipping cost a third of the actual stuff. Oh well.

12. Dec 26, 2015 at 6:22 PM
    anthony250f

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    9' gonna be long enough?

13. Dec 26, 2015 at 8:21 PM
    CedarPark

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    Should be, front of the bed ran under the bedrails then onto the closest spot on the dash possible.

14. Dec 26, 2015 at 8:50 PM
    anthony250f

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    I have a 13 and the cable was tight from the back of the roof to the dash

15. Dec 27, 2015 at 6:06 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    I've got 18ft from the tailgate to the center console, dcsb.

16. Dec 27, 2015 at 6:08 AM
    CedarPark

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    I guess we'll see, hopefully it works. Didn't want that much loose cable lying around as I already have a lot of extra wiring jumbled up around.

Products Discussed in

To Top