1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CB linear

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Junebug55210, May 10, 2011.

1. May 10, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    Junebug55210

Junebug55210 [OP] 2011 TRD Sport 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Gainesville, FL
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD Sport 4.0
    Cat back magnaflow, toolbox, camo seat covers
    I'm wanting to get a cb linear for my radio but have no idea how to choose one. I've read that you need to have the right crystals and freq. for your radio. I know how to hook them up but no idea how to pick on out. Can anyone help me?

2. May 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    kd8awe

kd8awe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road
    Fog mod, 3" lift, ShoMe stobes, MicroLight LED Strobes, HiLift Jack, RCI 2950, Yaesu 8900r, 20% Tint, ScanGauge II, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, *** New Mod's (parts on the way) *** U-Bolt flip kit. Tom Woods 1 Piece Double Cardan Drive Shaft. 3* Axel Shims
    Why would you want one? Most CB's don't have enough wattage output to drive the linear. What I mean is... all newer CB's are linited to 4 watts of RF output. Most good linears need a 25-50 watt driver (RF input from the CB) in order to reach their max RF output. Linears are not set up to operate on the 11meter band (CB). They are set up to operate on HAM radio bands. ALso they are illegal to use on CB's.

IF you really want to talk a long distance... Take the test to get your Amateur Radio license. It's easy to get. You can talk a lot greater distance. Contact a local Amateur radio club in your area and they can get you started. Most clubs are very helpfull and would be happy to help you.

To Top