1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CBI Products from Morris 4x4 Center/Auto Anything

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by jamiecady, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Dec 18, 2021 at 1:04 AM
    jamiecady

jamiecady [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Lunar Rock
    Hey everyone,

So i’m writing this while everything to do with my order is still in flux but I really just wanted to see what others experiences have been like with specifically Morris 4x4 Center, but also Auto Anything because all my confirmation emails and such have been from them. Does anyone have any direct experience ordering CBI products from them and able to share what you got and how it went, how long it was, etc. So, here’s where i’m at currently..

So i had decided, on the last day of all the ‘Black November’ sales going on, to pickup a set of Rock sliders. I had wanted the overland rock sliders by CBI for some time so i started searching around for whsyevervsite not only had the best price, but cheapest shipping as well. While looking around, I stumbled upon CBI sliders on Morris4x4center.com. I had never personally bought anything from them, but had seen the site come up countless times whenever I searched for various truck items. They didn’t have the sliders listed like CBI does, with the 3 different models (Overland, Trail, Classic), but the options allowed you to get to your desired (Overland=Kickout:Yes, Step plate: Yes/Trail=Kickout:Yes, Step plate: No/ Classic=Kickout:No, Step plate:No). So once I was able to find the sliders with both kickout and step plate, with HREW steel and Black powdercoat, their price was $999.99, around $150 less than any other retailer online, and also with FREE SHIPPING. So id be a fool to not jump on this, right? Well the first red flag was that the product page said that if i ordered today, the product would ship out in the next 4 days and well, i know better than to think that’s actually true, but I proceeded with the order because of how low the cost was and the mindset of, if everything turns out to be true with this, it’s one of the best hidden deals on the internet!

So I messaged their customer service the next day just to tell them that, unless they for some reason had these exact CBI sliders available in their own warehouse, then their ship date is incorrect. The person who I was talking to went away and came back a few minutes later to tell me that the manufacturer told them 12/6 is the estimated ship date (I placed the order on 12/1). I still didn’t believe them.

So the 12/6 came and I recieved the email i expected I would receive at some point, telling me the manufacturer had a revised ship date of 2/24/22. Okay, that’s more in line with what I expected. So i settled in, not upset or anything because it’s gonna take the same length of time as anywhere else, and I’m getting a killer deal on the sliders so I really have nothing to complain about.

Well, today while checking my email, I had a message from Morris4x4Center and I almost had to do a double take when I saw the words “Your Order has been shipped!”.
    “Did I order something else from this site without realizing it?” I thought. But when I actually opened it up and scrolled down, it indeed let me know that “My order from CBI
    has shipped”. This is a mere 16 days after placing my order so I really just don’t even know what to think or expect. Obvious I would love it to be true and get my sliders far earlier than expected, but I don’t want to get too hyped up over it.

So as I asked earlier, has anyone else here ordered any CBI products from morris4x4, and what was the experience like? was this email another mistake, or should i be expecting to see these delivered next week???

Let me know your thought!!

2. Dec 21, 2021 at 10:16 PM
    jamiecady

jamiecady [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Lunar Rock
    Well, in case anyone was wondering, it’s legit. Getting ready to toss these on tonight:

upload_2021-12-21_22-5-22.jpg

And to recap: CBI Overland Rock sliders, HREW, with Kickout, with Black Powdercoat..$999.99 TOTAL. Total as in that price is including shipping. If I were to order the exact same product directly from CBI right now, i’d be looking at $1230 for the sliders, along with $263 for shipping, coming out to a grand total of $1493.

And that’s not to mention the timeline of things:

11/30-Ordered from Morris4x4 center
    12/17-Order shipped confirmation email recieved
    12/21-Sliders arrive.

21 days, or 3 weeks, in total from placing the order to receiving and installing on the truck. I mean, it’s very possible the stars just aligned for me when I decided to order CBI sliders, but just thought id share because it was very hard to believe until i physically cut them open today and saw them with my own two eyes.

I’m still very interested, has anyone else had an experience like this?

Attached Files:

shooter338 likes this.
To Top