1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CBI: Why I wont deal with CBI again ( A Vendor review)

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by AbePDX, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 4, 2017 at 6:34 PM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    Yes the crash testing is required to get DOT approval and is $$$$ which is why no other vendors have DOT certification

With ARB's manufacturing process the hoops actually passed through the top plate of the bumper not just welded to the top plate like other vendors. I have no doubt the hoops are stronger on ARB.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. Aug 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM
    Oreo Cat

Oreo Cat Worst Member

Member:
    I'm not sure of the part #s, the small one was made for the 05-11 models and the big one was for 12-15, but the small one can be made to fit on the 12-15 with some modding. @crazy joker is the only one I know about with the small bumper on a facelifted truck

3. Aug 6, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    crazy joker

crazy joker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Charlotte area, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB sport 4x4
    Real men just call it camping
    I've seen a couple others who have done it as well. There are a couple of different approaches, but here is how I did it:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/simple-yet-satisfying-dclb.369779/page-6#post-12009916

OP, I hate to hear stories of companies not treating their customers right. I've got an odd mix of different companys' parts on my truck. ARB/ SOS bumpers, and Pelfry/ Allpro armor. I have been lucky to have had great buying and quality experiences with all of them. All I can say is to know the function of the part (even if it's just for looks) and what product fits that function the best at the right price. Then make sure to get it from a reliable company.

4. Aug 6, 2017 at 9:34 AM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    I really like what you did. I think that is my biggest gripe about the 12-15 version is how much it sticks out. If they revamped the design to match the 05-11 without modification required I would consider it.

crazy joker[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Aug 6, 2017 at 10:18 AM
    AbePDX

AbePDX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Mica Tacoma TRD OR V6 MT 6
  6. Aug 6, 2017 at 10:43 AM
    ecgreen

ecgreen overeducated redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 4-banger Access
    Boy they are right on the ball lol! OP posted on the 3rd. Considering a huge portion of the client base resides here, I would be watching this place 7 days a week.

inesshell and 808inDa503 like this.
  7. Aug 6, 2017 at 10:56 AM
    Zandroid

Zandroid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zander
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD-OR DCSB 44
    King Ext Coilovers LR-UCAs BAMF Relocation w/ 12" 2.5 King Pelfreybilt Armor: Bumper, Skids, Sliders Prinsu Roofrack ARB Snorkel & Twin Compressor sPod
    I don't think they care which just backs up OP's side of the story.

8. Aug 6, 2017 at 11:16 AM
    TSki

TSki Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Salmon, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Sky TRD Off-Road, 4x4, DCSB MT
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/my-silver-gsu-build.460083/
    I know that this is one giant hate parade, but I thought I would add in my experience in case anyone is interested.

I am currently stationed overseas on a military base in Germany. Getting parts out here is murder. I went from company to company trying to find someone hat would ship sliders to me. I won't throw shade at the sellers, but the three biggest brands of sliders regularly discussed here wouldn't do it. Not couldn't, wouldn't.

@CBI Offroad Fab went out of their way to custom ship sliders all the way to my doorstop here in Germany (the local postal clerk was not thrilled). Did they have to go through this extra process in getting me parts? No. But they did. I understand that some peoples experiences are not as good as others, it there are multiple sides to every story.

P.S. the sliders still look amazing to this day.

9. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:20 PM
    808inDa503

808inDa503 From HNL living in PDX.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver DCSB 4x4
    Icon stage 6 kit w/ billet UCAs, Dakar leaf pack, Icon air bump stop, Bullet Proof Fab grill, Magna-flow exhaust, ARE bed cover, Redline Tuning quick lift, 17" gunmetal SCS Ray 10, BFG KO2 285/70/17, Wet Okole and Ellis Precision shift knob
    How long ago was this transaction?

10. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:21 PM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    7 pages and they still haven't chimed in yet to stick up for themselves???? WOW

11. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    TSki

TSki Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Salmon, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Sky TRD Off-Road, 4x4, DCSB MT
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/my-silver-gsu-build.460083/
    End of last year I think. I remember trying to paint them over the Christmas holiday.

inesshell likes this.
  12. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:45 PM
    Evenflow

Evenflow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    Well...I had the exact opposite experience with a CBI. I ordered front & rear bumpers and sliders from them and all had multiple custom touches added with honestly minimal upcharges. While working out the details of the custom bits Nathan took the time to take pics of stuff he had as examples to text to me and compared measuremeants with me etc until we had it all dialed in. I requested a special powder coat primer which was done with no problem, just added a few days to the process so the powder coater could order the material I requested. They shipped everything directly to my local LineX shop to save me the hassle of transporting it myself and everything actually arrived a few days earlier than anticipated.

13. Aug 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM
    CBI Offroad Fab

CBI Offroad Fab Member Vendor

Member:
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Vehicle:
    Everything Toyota!
    We see a lot of requests for us to chime in on this, but honestly the OP is entitled to his opinion. Unfortunately we were unable to come to an acceptable resolution for this customer so he canceled his order. The fact of the matter is we are not here to make excuses or dispute his (or anyone's) personal experience with CBI and for that reason we usually don't comment in these situations. In most cases our past customers set the record straight, the OP even said his past experience with CBI was great. That being said, we have been extremely busy over the last year and are taking steps to better deal with the influx in orders. Despite what others have assumed we are still a very small company. And are currently expanding our fab side with extra fabricators as well as a second shift to help with the extra orders.

All of this was explained to the OP, hardly a lack of communication, but still he decided it was best to cancel his order so we issued him a full refund.

Bottom line I personally am familiar with this order and I can say I talked to the customer on the phone and expressed my sincere apologies for the delays, the order was never pushed back to accommodate other customers nor was the communication as lacking as claimed. @AbePDX like Nathan told you in your email exchange, we are building bushmasters this week and are more than happy to put you back on the list with your original place in line to get your bumper. If not, again we are sorry we couldn't make this happen for you and wish you all the best and hope we can better serve you in the future.

honda50r, Danactive, adanfon and 11 others like this.
  14. Aug 7, 2017 at 6:13 PM
    AbePDX

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:

I do appreciate the replay, however, I don't appreciate the two faced conversations that you guys are playing here, the last email certainly showed me the true core of CBI now, and as my replay to your email I said that I have to tell the TW community what truly happened, however, I understand that as a company you are trying to cover your bases, I totally understand, I am nobody when it comes to you guys and thats ok. what matters here is that I know that you know what truly happened, and I am not going to release the emails that we exchanged because as I said in the OP this is not personal at all. and as far for the phone call there was no sincere apologies as you claim both of us know that as I still memorize the conversation. one last thing I want to say is that it is ok that you guys admit that you were wrong I would only trust you more if you did instead of what you are currently portraying to the TW community, again I am not trying to win anything here, and if you guys want to be the winner then go ahead, as I'd rather lose to you guys but stay true to myself and to others.

thank you.

Abe.

To moderator, my goal here is done, you can lock this thread if you want.

15. Aug 7, 2017 at 6:17 PM
    808inDa503

808inDa503 From HNL living in PDX.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver DCSB 4x4
    Icon stage 6 kit w/ billet UCAs, Dakar leaf pack, Icon air bump stop, Bullet Proof Fab grill, Magna-flow exhaust, ARE bed cover, Redline Tuning quick lift, 17" gunmetal SCS Ray 10, BFG KO2 285/70/17, Wet Okole and Ellis Precision shift knob
    Oh snap! He spitting hot fyah!Mic drop

Twinkie0311, inesshell and AbePDX[OP] like this.
  16. Aug 7, 2017 at 6:17 PM
    AbePDX

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:

be careful of what you are claiming here, I have been polite and tried to be as unbaisd as I can, I reccommend you to reread what I posted in the OP. however, I do respect your point of view and your thought, what I dont respect is your claim, remember, all of us here on TW have the right to review and discuss issues as will as solutions, in the end thats what makes this community great.

Mully, inesshell and 808inDa503 like this.
  17. Aug 7, 2017 at 6:25 PM
    Evenflow

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    What in the actual f*ck are you talking about ? That guy didn't say a thing that was remotely disrespectful or aimed at you ? What exactly did he " claim " ?

18. Aug 7, 2017 at 6:27 PM
    AbePDX

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:

I wasn't offended, but he wrote "I know that this is one giant hate parade, but I thought I would add in my experience in case anyone is interested" while this is indeed not a hate thing as he claims, its a simple review

EatSleepTacos likes this.
  19. Aug 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM
    Evenflow

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    You clearly do not understand the term " hate parade ", it infers that one person brings up a topic and a lot of others pile on unnecessarily and do silly things like state their opinions as fact.

TSki and Maxcustody like this.
  20. Aug 7, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    AbePDX

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:

if that what it truly means then I apologies for the misunderstanding, does that seem fair to you?

adanfon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top