1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CEL codes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoDawgs, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jul 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM
    TacoDawgs

TacoDawgs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Front 5100s at 1.75. Rear TSB. LoRider tonneau cover. OEM bed mat. OEM bug deflector. Illuminated 4x4 switch. In cab AC outlets. 400W anytime. EGR in channel window visors. Black badges. Rear weathertech liners.
    So my 2008 Double Cab that I bought less than 3 weeks ago had the check engine light come on. I figured it was the gas cap so I re-threaded it and cleared the light. However, the CEL just came back on. I took it to Autozone and here are the codes. P043E, P043F, P2401, P2402, and P2419. I'm still under warranty but the dealer I bought it from is 2 hours away and no other dealer will honor my warranty until after 90 days (apparently the dealer from whom you purchase is who you have to take the vehicle to within the first 90 days). I was hoping this was something I could fix myself without having to drive. Anybody have any answers or suggestions? Thanks so much.

2. Jul 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Did you fill the gas tank with the engine running, or top off? Gotta cover the easy stuff first. If so, don't do that. It hurts the evap system on a top off, sets a code for filling while running.
    If that's not the problem, make sure your gas gap is tight. Not the problem? Take it in:(

3. Jul 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    TacoDawgs

TacoDawgs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Front 5100s at 1.75. Rear TSB. LoRider tonneau cover. OEM bed mat. OEM bug deflector. Illuminated 4x4 switch. In cab AC outlets. 400W anytime. EGR in channel window visors. Black badges. Rear weathertech liners.
    Didn't fill up while running, didn't top it off, and checked the gas cap. From the research I've done on the internet it seems like others who got those 5 codes had to have the charcoal canister replaced. I've also seen some nightmare stories of it continually happening even though they aren't topping off their tanks. It's looking like I'm gonna have to take it in and hopefully it will be a one time fix.

4. Jul 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Make sure they have everything in stock before you make the trip.

To Top