1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CEL P043E, P043F, P2401, P2402, and P2419

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ron.p, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Jan 28, 2019 at 5:19 AM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    Thats what I was thinking as well. Also read somewhere that the spout may kick off due to the fume...(I will have to double check that as when I read it all it was late). Hopefully someone didn't stuff shit into my gas tank. Ill have to take it apart when its a bit warmer and go from there. Not ordering parts yet that's for sure.

EDIT:
    After checking this video, it just seems mine is extremely clogged not allowing air to escape the tank as I fill up which causes the fuel to backup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7EcWwlhzBM

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Skootter14[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Feb 5, 2019 at 5:05 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    It certainly did. @loosnut found these codes on my truck today.

Now I know exactly what to do to fix it. :D

TalibanTan16 likes this.
  3. Feb 5, 2019 at 5:24 PM
    Skootter14

Skootter14 Upon my signal, unleash Hell

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport 4D LB 4x4 Metallic Grey
    "a lot of stupid stuff" -Wife
    easy fix!

:hattip:

HomerTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Feb 6, 2019 at 5:43 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    The codes have come and gone on my truck for the past several years. I usually get them on the coldest day of the year and with close to a full tank of gas. I usually will clear the code and see if it comes back. It rarely ever does.

About 2 years ago, we had several really cold days in a row. It came back each day during that time. I was about ready to order the parts and realized we had a warmer day a few days out. I waited and the code went away.

...I'm not saying yours isn't faulty. Just that you should clear the code at least once to make sure that it *needs* parts.

5. Feb 6, 2019 at 5:47 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I’ve been clearing it since I installed the dual cases a few years back. It’s nice to finally know what it is and how to fix it.

My Scangauge did not display the actual codes for this - had to get a professional (aka @loosnut) opinion. :oops:

6. Feb 6, 2019 at 5:52 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    Interesting. My Ultragauge always tells me that it is a "Pending Code." I usually clear it before it becomes a hard code. I thought the Scangauge was supposed to tell you everything that an Ultragauge does and more (trans temp to be specific). Have we stumbled upon something that UG does that SG does not?

7. Feb 6, 2019 at 5:54 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Quite possible. My SG would say that there were two codes, show blank for one and P0000 for the other.
    After going to the shop last night it was eye opening.
    Found this thread once I got home. :oops:

8. Feb 6, 2019 at 6:00 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    Dang. Good luck! Keep us posted with the results, please.

9. Feb 6, 2019 at 7:48 AM
    Skootter14

Skootter14 Upon my signal, unleash Hell

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport 4D LB 4x4 Metallic Grey
    "a lot of stupid stuff" -Wife
    yes, my UG posted all 5 codes up under pending (before a CEL came on) so I just went ahead, swapped them out, reset the UG and havent seen it back since I did the job last year

tacoma16 and HomerTaco like this.
  10. Apr 11, 2019 at 2:15 PM
    digitaLbraVo

digitaLbraVo Derka Derka

Member:
    Covered in stickers and chrome stick-ons for extra horse torques and foot powers. Icon sticker gets me tons of travel, dozens of milimeters.
    I've been driving on these 5 codes now for... probably 6 months. My gas mileage was shit before so I didn't notice any impact. I'm staring down the barrel of smog check in September so I might as well prep myself. I found these part(s) for the 2012:
    Canister $203.85: https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota....9MjAxMiZ0PXByZS1ydW5uZXImZT00LTBsLXY2LWdhcw==
    Filter $53.30: https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota....9MjAxMiZ0PXByZS1ydW5uZXImZT00LTBsLXY2LWdhcw==

Guess I gotta wait for my next tattoo a little longer... sigh

11. Apr 11, 2019 at 3:36 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Welcome to the club. :oops:

12. Apr 11, 2019 at 4:01 PM
    digitaLbraVo

digitaLbraVo Derka Derka

Member:
    Covered in stickers and chrome stick-ons for extra horse torques and foot powers. Icon sticker gets me tons of travel, dozens of milimeters.
    My favorite is the TSB from middle 2000 when they said they "improved the design." durrr...

13. Apr 12, 2019 at 5:57 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport

I'm assuming you have tried clearing the codes?

14. May 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    Screenshot_20190506-180522.jpg well, I still have these codes, p0101, po171, p0174, p043e, p043f, p2401, p2402, p2419. I have a new charcoal canister and new gas cap. next will be the fill port and hoses to extend it the rest of the way to the fiberglass fenders. hoping that will fix it, and hoping to get a little better mileage out of it.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  15. May 21, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    So I ended up ordering a new evap canister. My codes are gone and I can fill up again.

whatstcp and CowboyTaco like this.
  16. May 21, 2019 at 9:58 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    Thank you for updating here. It annoys me when people ask questions about a problem and never update with a resolution. The resolutions are what help others the most!

N919HJ, PzTank, theolee and 1 other person like this.
  17. May 21, 2019 at 12:08 PM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    was a tad late as I did it a while ago, but I used this canister https://www.carid.com/standard/inte...n-cp3450.html?singleid=156758399&url=12789641

one of the clips was finicky to get undone but, I did not have to drop the tank. I am lucky that I have a bit of room with the flatbed, but my x brace was a bit in the way.

have some info about it here
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tacoma16-flat-bed-build-on-35’s.202916/page-29#post-19704303

vuTron likes this.
  18. Dec 11, 2019 at 12:22 AM
    Tacoian

Tacoian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kicking a dead horse but this happened to me! It’s been going on about 6 months now. I replaced the charcoal canister and cleared codes, but it came back.

1 could it be the filter?
    2 pump?
    3 I do have fiberglass bedsides and have not extended the fueling lines yet so it’s been dangling. Think that’s the issue? Maybe it’s gotten loose over time and causes a leak?

from what I understand in reading all this is that any flaw in the system will trigger all five codes. Any easy way to diagnose?

tacoma16 likes this.
  19. Dec 11, 2019 at 4:22 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Wish I could help. That’s a tough one. :(

no codes for me since I put all new stuff in

Tacoian likes this.
  20. Dec 11, 2019 at 5:00 AM
    tacoma16

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    could be the hoses on the line from the dangling. I messed around with mine because of my flatbed. For a couple bucks, I would extend the hoses which you have to do anyways. Then go from there.

It may be the filter and if it is go with the URD punp with the external filter (my next purchase). Allows for easy filter changes.

Products Discussed in

To Top