1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Centrics Or Brembo Rotors?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WATacoRider, Dec 30, 2012.

?

Which?

1. Brembo

36 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Centric

14 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Other

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Jan 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    Dustenyourface

Dustenyourface Member

Member:
    All of you guys saying your rotors have warped are mislead. Rotors do not warp, unless you are driving 100mph down a 30%grade while slamming on the brakes and even then I'll say maybe. What you are feeling as far as "pulsation" when the brakes are applied is caused by rotor thickness variation, which is caused by the brake pads removing and depositing material on the rotor. Over a period of time this varies the thickness enough to make pulsation evident. Matching your rotors to your hub is the most important part of the process with brakes. The only way to properly do that is with an on car brake lathe. Almost every dealership from ford to toyota uses this tool now as standard practice and it is actually required for ford warranty work. We are talking tolerances less than the thickness of a human hair.

I don't care if you buy a Barenboim or the cheapest Chinese brand rotor, if it is not properly matched to your hub you will have pulsation at some point. The cheapest and in my opinion beast option is to have your oem rotor resurfaced with an on car lathe by a reputable shop. Your rotors are built to be machined 1-2 times before they become too thin. I mean it's up to you if you want to spend unnecessary money for less performance. I'll patiently wait for the post saying your new rotors are warped in 15,000 miles

And yes I can back everything I have just said up with personal experience and proof from leading car mfg. and scientific tests.

Products Discussed in

To Top