1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Change in exhaust pipe size from First Gen to Second?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by CheesyBeefyTaco, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Feb 26, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    CheesyBeefyTaco

CheesyBeefyTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    I had a magnaflow Glasspack on my first Gen Tacoma and it was nice but too loud after awhile so i changed it out after hearing my friends truck when he put his new mufler on. I put on a flowmaster 40 delta series muffler on and it was louder than I expected and Im in the same boat as i was with the magnaflow.I am now looking to trade someone on craigs list for their TRD muffler and would like to know if the new generation tacomas will have a muffler that will fit on my first generation tacoma.

2. Feb 27, 2009 at 3:06 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    On a second gen.4.0L,The pipe is 2.5".

3. Feb 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM
    Curly

Curly Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Magnaflow single in /dual out, Side front window tint, Bug shield, AFE Pro Dry S filter, USA Spec IPOD kit
    If you have room you might be able to put a resonator in front of the flowmaster to quiet it down a little.

Products Discussed in

To Top