1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Change with me?

Discussion in 'Health' started by TyT, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jan 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    TyT

TyT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    So Ive been super busy with college and everything you could imagine. That explains why yall havent seen me on here in TO LONG!

But Ill make this very quick and simple and I want to encourge yall to join me the best you can in doing this!

First yall need to watch the documentry called Forks over Knives
    Secondly try to stop eating so much dairy and meat! (I NEVER thought I would say that EVER) Im a red meat loving red blooded American just like yall! Plus Im a sothern man so my diet is horrible with everything fried etc. But my health my energy and my mood has been horrible ! So I got most everything checked last year! I found out I have IBS and lactose intolerant and Im extermley over weight for my age and height and had stage 1 hypertesnsion! Im making a change to my health and my life and I would like yall to join me as much as you can!

Lastly what I want yall to do with me is just TRY to change the way we eat and live because I want yall to survive and live long just like I want for myself

WATCH THE DOCUMENTRY SEE A DOCTOR WORK OUT CONSTANTLY TRY JUST TRY TO CHANGE BECASUE IT WILL BE A STRUGLE FOR ME TOO AND WE CAN COLABORATE ON HERE AND SEE WERE ALL DOING !

JUST WATCH IT TRY TO CHANGE AND IF YOU NEED MOTIVATION OR HELP I AND OTHERS THAT WANT TO PARTICIPATE WILL HELP KEEP YOU ON TRACK!

IF YOU CANT OR DONT WANT TO DO IT THEN DONT IM JUST TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR ME MY FAMILY AND YALL

GOOD LUCK

TyT

2. Jan 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    TyT

TyT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    So I decided I'm not going to become a vegan per say but I am going to try and follow this food pyramid from Dr. Furhman.com . Also am going to try to just eat LESS meat and sugar etc etc and just control my portion sizes if I do eat things besides salads and when I'm full I'm full! I encourage y'all to join me and if not that's ok too. If anyone has any advice etc I would love to hear it TyT

3. Jan 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    more smaller meals with more balance= better than vegan IMHO

good luck!

4. Jan 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    Rusty 06 4x4

Rusty 06 4x4 NBHNC

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    West Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    x2 what up kona

5. Jan 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    OME 885's w/Nitro Chargers and Dakar rear leafs ATX AX199 Mohave I I (0 offset, 4.5" bs) BFG KM2 285 75 16 Avid Sliders w/ kickoffs Pelfreybilt rack w/ Tepui RTT Katzkin front and rear Sunroof
    OP,

I'm with you man. I watched that movie Sunday night, wife talked me into it. I've been thinking that dairy and meat was the problem with most of the medical issues in the country for a while and this movie definitely had some good points and data. I hate most vegetables but I'm teaching myself to like many of them and working on switching my diet to mostly plant based. Already working on cutting out most dairy products. Meat is gonna be difficult because I love to grill and being AZ you can do that all year long!

My wife (German) has always been that way, mostly eats vegetables. All of her friends and family are this way. It is just a way of life over there, they do not eat meat the way we do over here and they rarely, if ever, eat out. Even that lady who worked for the USDA on the movie was agreeing that our nutritional information is flawed and influenced.

Good movie and good idea to help stay healthy! I'm with you OP!

6. Jul 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I own Forks Over Knives and show it to anyone I can. I had very serious injuries coming out of the Corps and NOTHING helped even in the slightest. Then I radically changed my diet and bam, huge relief.

I believe 100% in the message. If you study further you will find that Forks Over Knives only touches on certain areas briefly in order to keep it short and in movie format.

Too bad so many people are stuck in their ways, quality of life would be so much better if people would educate themselves.

Products Discussed in

To Top