1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Changing Door Weather Stripping

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by parfleet, May 4, 2013.

1. May 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    parfleet

parfleet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rex
    Pensacola, FL.
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner, SR5 Package, 4.0 Engin
    Front Bush Guard with 100 Watt Driving Lights, Color Match Tonel Cover. Cold Air Intake By True Flow,added an additional 26 HP.
    Has anyone out there ever changed with weather stripping for the driver's door front (the weather stripping on the cab opening and not the actual door) on a 2nd Generation Tacoma Crew Cab? I had this done a couple of years ago at the dealer. I guess I keep rubbing my butt against the weather stripping at the striker bolt level and thus the rubber tears. Anyway, I bought the weather stripping from the dear at $62 and now I'm ready to install. From what I can see, the driver's side kick panel has a bolt to remove up by the foot rest and then you just pull rearward on it. And there is the plastic plate that is at the bottom of the doorway that just pulls straight up. I guess here but the new weather stripping has "snap in" plastic pins as part the weatherstripping that should just snap it into place. Am I missing something here for those of you that have already gone through the process?

Products Discussed in

To Top