1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Charlie's Aspergers (and General BS) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PennSilverTaco, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Jan 12, 2018 at 8:17 AM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] I have Ass Burgers...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Please see signature!
    I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker...

image.jpg

Listening to Steve Miller!

Jamesboy2233 and ChadsPride like this.
  2. Jan 12, 2018 at 8:47 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    Just got drenched in the rain chatting with one of Doylestown's parking enforcement guys...

This particular guy is about 58 years old and was born in Scotland, though he was born to at least one American parent and has been living stateside for most of his life. As such, he's an American citizen.

He is a very nice guy, and also a rarity because he's the only parking enforcement official you just can't hate!

He's fun to chat with, and loves old cars. He is also willing to look the other way in certain situations, like when you have your Tacoma in a posted NO PARKING zone, in the wrong direction on a one-way street, for like 30-40 minutes, so you and your fellow barbacks can load it with furniture...

At the same time, he doesn't screw around when it comes to people who blatantly violate the rules. I'm talking about the douchebags who park in handicapped spots, the assholes who park in yellow and red zones, and the people who overstay the time limit in certain spots...

Also, I showed him some of the high-tech stuff I put in my Tacoma, and now he wants dashcams for his personal vehicle and his parking enforcement vehicle!

TacomaUSA and Jamesboy2233 like this.
  3. Jan 12, 2018 at 9:06 AM
    Jamesboy2233

Jamesboy2233 95.5 sr5

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Mission Tx
    Vehicle:
    1995 Toyota Submarine
    Speaking of Millers

4. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:28 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    What is that, anyway? Looks like an old slot machine or an even older cash register...

5. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:30 AM
    TacomaUSA

TacomaUSA Cross Country Tacoma

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab- 6 speed
  6. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:31 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    Ah!

7. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:35 AM
    Jamesboy2233

Jamesboy2233 95.5 sr5

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Mission Tx
    Vehicle:
    1995 Toyota Submarine
    lincoln and miller welders are eternal enemies

PennSilverTaco [OP] likes this.
  8. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:36 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    @ChadsPride

Did the mods really temporarily block you from liking posts and threads?

I've gotten yelled at by the mods before for various things, but when I went overboard with my "random story" threads, the mods realized that many other members (and the mods themselves) actually enjoyed reading them, and combined them all into this thread. The rest is history!

I have had a couple of threads deleted by the mods, one time because somebody else made a political comment. I've also had comments disabled on another thread because someone starting a 2nd Gen/3rd Gen fight...

Before they knew I had Aspergers, I was threatened with a ban for "PD bashing" after going off on a rant about being harassed by police.

Haven't had a problem since though...

:D

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:58 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Yes :anonymous:

PennSilverTaco [OP] likes this.
  10. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:59 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Deliberately stock daily driver
    They warned him that if he played with it that he'd go blind. He didn't listen. :laugh:

11. Jan 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    :rofl::rofl:
    I always push things to the limit

Working on that in 2018!!! :bananadead:

12. Jan 12, 2018 at 11:31 AM
    Jamesboy2233

Jamesboy2233 95.5 sr5

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Mission Tx
    Vehicle:
    1995 Toyota Submarine
    There arnt enough of thoes and there sould be 1st/3rd gen fights instead opinion

13. Jan 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
  14. Jan 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM
    Iamraiderpower

Iamraiderpower Well-Known Member

Member:
    That’s a nice sport, and I’m not really a TurdGen Fan

Jamesboy2233 likes this.
  15. Jan 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    It's inspection stickers expired in November, too...

16. Jan 12, 2018 at 4:44 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    I wouldn't mind an orange 2015 DCSB TRD PRO!

17. Jan 12, 2018 at 7:15 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    @Iamraiderpower
    @Plain Jane Taco
    @LocoLocal

From 2000 until 2002, my family lived in Oak Harbor, Washington while my dad stationed at NAS Whidbey Island.

I was 11 years old when we moved there, and 13 when we moved away. One of my friends was a kid named Eric was 7 years old when we moved in. Our house was located on a corner lot, then there was an older couple, and then there was Eric's family's house. Eric's house notable for being the only 2-story home on the street...

So, I was going to use the term fair weather friend to describe Eric, but that isn't accurate. That term would describe other friends of mine who'd be my best friend one day, but then tease me to put on a show for other kids who also liked to tease me, among other things.

Eric was really more of an obnoxious sidekick. His dad was a cop, and I'm pretty sure his mom worked, but I don't know what she did for a living... He had a sister named Alexa who was older than him but younger than me. This was almost two decades ago, but the cars his parents drove were old even for 2000-2001.

Eric's mom drove a white 1990 or 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro, with a red interior. I vividly remember that car vividly because I rode shotgun when Eric's mom drove me to the city park to go swimming with him in the summer of either 2000 or 2001. It was very well-maintained and looked brand new, but Eric's family was not poor and I always wondered why his family car was not only a 10-year old sedan, but also one of the most mediocre GM products ever made.

Sometime in 2001, the transmission in the car failed (I think). All I know is that instead of buying a new vehicle or getting the car fixed professionally, Eric's dad jacked the Lumina up in the house's 2-car garage, tore the thing apart inside the garage, and fixed it himself within a week.

Eric's dad's daily driver was a a beautiful red 1988-1989 Honda Civic hatchback, which like the Lumina looked brand new. Eric's dad was OCD about taking care of his vehicles. What I remember most about the Civic was that it looked like a rally car. It has these large, low-profile aluminum wheels, and it also had four Hella fog lights mounted on the front bumper. I am 99% sure the car was just a base model Civic and NOT an Si. The Lumina was fully loaded, with A/C and power everything. What I remember most about that red Civic was that it did not have air-conditioning, and that it was a stick shift. I also remember that the Lumina had the factory Delco tape deck, while the Civic had an aftermarket CD player.

If I remember correctly, Eric's mom borrowed her mother's 1996ish Chrysler minivan while the Lumina was out of commission...

LocoLocal and Plain Jane Taco like this.
  18. Jan 12, 2018 at 7:38 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    @Iamraiderpower
    @Plain Jane Taco
    @LocoLocal

Eric was really more of an annoying sidekick than an actual friend. He was about four years younger than me, so we had different interests, and to say we hung out was not an accurate statement. The truth is that he followed me around and I tolerated it. Even those of us with Aspergers, who have trouble with social skills and making friends, have standards.

However, I do give him credit for always seeming to stick by me when other friends didn't. I also give mad props to his dad for having mechanical know-how that would make anyone on TW proud (as stated above, he was a police officer, not a mechanic, but he ripped apart his wife's '91 Lumina when the tranny failed and fixed it himself in his 2-car garage).

Even though Eric followed me around like a puppy, his family didn't particularly care for me at times. His mom was on antidepressants (the day she and my mom met, she just volunteered this information to her within minutes of them meeting), and I would classify her as being a bit psychotic and unpredictable. His mom was nice enough, but she treated me rudely at times...

One time, when I told Eric I was going home to watch the Simpsons, he wanted to come too. I wasn't so sure about letting an 8-year old watch the Simpsons. Hell, I was lucky I'd talked my mom into letting me watch the show.

Before I could do anything, Eric yelled into his house, asking his mom if he could "Go to Charlie's house to watch The Simpsons," and as expected, the shit immediately hit the fan...

Eric's mom went far beyond simply saying no. She basically criticized my moral character because I watched the Simpsons. If I remember correctly, I just went home without saying a word, but what Eric's mom said really hurt me...

I immediately told my mom and she sided with me...

Eric's dad was not abusive, but he was a strict disciplinarian who according to Eric used corporal punishment on him and Alexa.

Plain Jane Taco likes this.
  19. Jan 12, 2018 at 8:03 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    @Iamraiderpower
    @Plain Jane Taco
    @LocoLocal

Eric's family regularly held car washes in their driveway and donated the proceeds to charity. My mom drove a 2000 GMC Safari conversion van, she was all too happy to donate to charity, and she always paid extra since the van was so big. As such, my mom's van was always the first we washed...

We held two or three of these car washes in 2001-2002. The first one was for victims of the 9/11 attacks if I remember correctly.

One time during one of these car washes, Eric and I got into an argument over something that I have no way of remembering now. I got upset, and out of frustration, I threw the pair of scissors I'd been holding onto the driveway. Eric's mom saw this happen and absolutely flipped out, not because of the obvious danger of throwing a pair of scissors, but because I'd "broken her good good scissors." She immediately picked them up, looked at them, and said I'd blunted them, or knocked them out of alignment, or some bullshit like that...

I tested the scissors myself and thought they not only looked okay, but worked okay as well, but Eric's mom wouldn't shut the hell up. I went and explained the situation to my mom, and she again took my side, but bought Eric's mom a new pair of scissors to appease the situation. I think the scissors cost like, I dunno... Maybe $8.99?

I would like to point out that roughly a decade after this fiasco with the scissors (about 2012 or so), I borrowed my mom's 2004 Honda Odyssey to take my friends to the movies (there were only three of us, but the Tacoma was a bit uncomfortable for three guys to ride in, and my dad didn't like me driving his Acura). After the movie, I dropped my friend off back at his parents' house. It was dark out, my mom's minivan predated backup cameras, I was not used to my friend's parents' narrow driveway, and I was still a fairly new driver. It was a recipe for disaster. While backing the Odyssey out of the driveway, I backed right into my friend's mom's '97 Monte Carlo, which was parked in the street. My friend's mom saw the whole thing, too!

I let loose a torrent of profanities, primarily because I was worried I'd actually done some damage and my insurance rates would go up. It turns out that the impact felt and sounded a lot worse than it actually was. There were barely noticeable scuffs on both vehicles at the point of impact (the Odyssey's rear bumper and the Chevy's front bumper), and my friend's mom could not have been nicer about it. She told me that it was old car and that it wasn't a big deal, and then she just told me to be more careful. That was about 5 or 6 years ago and I haven't had an incident in that driveway since...

I hit my friend's mom's car, which was probably worth about three grand at the time, and scuffed the bumper. She was cool about it.

A couple hundred bucks in damage to a car worth about $3K, and Mike's mom doesn't care...

Unnoticeable (possibly nonexistent) damage to a $9 pair of scissors, and Eric's mom loses her shit!

Anybody see where I'm going with this?!?!

20. Jan 12, 2018 at 8:22 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    Please see signature!
    @Plain Jane Taco
    @Iamraiderpower
    @LocoLocal

The one thing Eric did that REALLY pissed me off was steal from me...

Actually, the fact that he stole from me didn't piss me off that much. I was not that angry about the item stole, either. The item was a black C5 Corvette convertible, a screw-together Maisto die-cast model kit that my mom had gotten for me at the local Walmart...

The whole fiasco pissed me off because he blatantly lied to me about it for at least a week before I finally resorted to threatening him...

So, I had a die cast Corvette convertible that my mom bought for me at Wal Mart. It was a Maisto model, larger than a Hot Wheels or even an old Dinky Toy, but much smaller than a 1:43 scale model. It was black C5 Corvette convertible, and it came as a screw-together kit that you put together. One evening, Eric came over to play, and I'd left the 'Vette sitting on the brick fireplace hearth in our family room without a second thought. Eric and I hung out and played for a couple hours, and then Eric when home. It was then that I noticed my new Corvette was missing (actually, it might not have even been that new by the time this happened, but it was still one of my favorite models). I searched my bedroom and all of the other usual places I might have left, but I could not find the Corvette. I immediately came to the conclusion that Eric had taken it. My parents told me that I should not jump to conclusions and make accusations, but I was 99% sure Eric had taken my Corvette!

The next time I saw him, I asked him, and he denied it completely. I took him at his word, but had my doubts about his honest. For about a week this went on, until I finally told Eric that I was going to ask his mom about the Corvette. At this point, the little bastard 'fessed up. Not only had he stolen my toy Corvette, but he'd shown it to his mom and claimed I'd given it to him. Even worse, he'd taken it to his Grandma's house to play with, and left it there!

I wanted to clobber him at that point, but I exercised self-control and instead marched him back to his house where I told his mom the whole story. I'm pretty sure this was after all of the various altercations I'd had with Eric's mother, and while she didn't particularly care for me, she at least had strong morals...

Needless to say, stealing the neighbor kid's coveted toy Corvette has this funny way of dwarfing the accidental breaking of scissors or the watching of animated sitcoms that are full of adult humor! Eric's mother tore him a new one, apologized profusely to me, and promised that I would be getting my Corvette back ASAP. A few days later, I got the 'Vette back in the same condition, and both Eric and his mother apologized again...

I don't remember what (if any) punishment Eric received, but I do remember that his mom was a lot nicer to me for the last few months we lived in Oak Harbor before moving away in June 2002...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    stealthmode and Plain Jane Taco like this.
To Top