1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Charlie's Aspergers (and General BS) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PennSilverTaco, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Dec 28, 2016 at 9:45 PM
    crazysccrmd

crazysccrmd Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've been driving a whole lot longer than that and haven't been backing into cars, mailboxes, buildings, etc, or been in an accident, my fault or otherwise. It's OK to admit you're a poor driver, we all know there are plenty on the roads.

Arailt likes this.
  2. Dec 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] On the spectrum...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    You don't like eBay, do you?

3. Dec 28, 2016 at 10:03 PM
    16Tacos

16Tacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 4x4 V6 SR5
    OME Nitrochargers w/886s & Dakars, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar w/Warn winch, RCI sliders with kick out, IFS & Mid skids, BFF Hi-clearance rear bumper, Brushed Copper 17" SCS Ray10s w/285-70 KO2s, Black OEM 16" steelies w/255-85 KM2s, Leer contractor cap w/Smittybilt overlander xl RTT, Off-Grid Engineering dual battery kit and bed power panel, Blue sea aux fuse block, Wyntner 60L fridge freezer, ARB dual compressor, Pioneer 720BT head unit, CB radio, @Matt_Gecko bed and engine bay lights, @TacomaTruckParts Dirt bike tie down bar, color matched OEM grill, A-Pillar phone mount mod, @Docloco rear seat molle panel
    They sent me a letter actually telling me the rates were going up due to all the claims in my state. Apparently MA has the highest auto claim rates in the country now :(
    I hate driving through PA, but don't let these negative people get you riled up. Shit happens and you learn from it, that's life. I'd like see some of these self proclaimed great drivers, that have never been in an accident, commute on storrow drive everyday the way I do.

MadDaddy and PennSilverTaco [OP] like this.
  4. Dec 28, 2016 at 10:05 PM
    landphil

landphil Wishin' I was Fishin'

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    They are alright, don't love 'em, don't hate 'em, I just try to avoid directly advertising for companies on a private forum. Honestly not sure on TW's policy, some forums don't take kindly to it.

5. Dec 28, 2016 at 10:11 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    I've always been the the nice guy, known among friends for having a level-head and being the one they can turn to when they have a problem. When I get behind the wheel, I don't take it personal when someone tailgates me or cuts me off, but get road rage whenever somebody does something really stupid that endangers my life.

6. Dec 28, 2016 at 10:18 PM
    redzmvt

redzmvt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Western Wisc.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab 4x4 Auto stock
    Bone stock for now
    As long as the air bag light isn't flashing,the system should be good to go?When my 1998 Ford Contour got flooded,it fubared the module and the light stayed flashing.Car had 307,000 miles on it,did not last long after getting flooded.

PennSilverTaco [OP] likes this.
  7. Dec 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    @LocoLocal

That time an argument over where I parked my Tacoma turned into a beautiful friendship...

So, my boss also happens to be one of my closest friends. She is the general manager of the bar where I work, but we were friends before I became her employee.

She moved to Pennsylvania from Nebraska and got a job as the assistant manager at the bar in April 2011. I got my driver's license in May 2011, and my Tacoma was indirectly responsible for our first meeting. I believe we met sometime between June and August of 2011. At this point in my life, I was just a regular customer who came to the bar to see his friend's band perform at open mic night every week.

There are two "manager's spots" right in front of the bar, but the outgoing general manager never used them, and I was given the okay by numerous employees to park in them. For months, I never had a problem. One night, I pull up into one of these spots, and who I can only describe as a "Fiery young Asian woman" comes out and starts yelling at me. She tells me I can't park there and an argument and shouting match ensue, but I ultimately moved the truck. After I moved the truck, one of the bartenders told me I probably shouldn't argue with this woman because she's the new manager. My "oh shit" senses started tingling and I immediately went into full ass-kissing mode. After all, this bar was my favorite hangout and I didn't want to get banned for arguing with the manager. Turns out the manager was cool, and would years later tell me that she respected me for standing up to her authority. She even bought me a drink that night to show all was cool, and we've been friends ever since! About 3 years after we met, she hired me as her personal assistant, and now in addition to being her personal assistant, I work as a bar-back and errand runner at this bar.

So yeah, I met quite possibly the best friend I've ever had because I parked my Taco in the manager's spot one Wednesday evening!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    gulzeb likes this.
  8. Dec 28, 2016 at 10:40 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    @LocoLocal

Twas 2 days before Christmas, and all through the DMV...

So, this was just days after my boss hired me as her personal assistant, on December 23, 2014 to be exact. My boss moved from Nebraska in 2011 but procrastinated on getting her driver's license transferred to Pennsylvania. Before long, her license was two months from expiring! Then one month! Then, boom! It expired! I ended up taking her to the DMV to get it transferred, and by the time I actually did take her to the DMV, her license had been expired for almost a month! But wait, it gets better!

She'd actually lost her wallet which contained her expired Nebraska license! She had to send away to Nebraska DMV for a certified copy of her driving record. Luckily, Pennsylvania has a grace period. If your out-of-state driver's license is valid or has been expired 6 months or less, you don't have to take the written or road test!

I drove her to the DMV 2 days before Christmas in 2014, and it was surprisingly not all that crowded. My friend showed her social security card, birth certificate, and all that BS, and had to take a vision test. Then, they took her picture and she got a Pennsylvania driver's license! No tests! We were in and out of the DMV in like an hour! Again, she had no physical license in her possession, just a piece of paper from the state of Nebraska saying she had an expired license but that her driving privileges were not suspended or revoked.

As we walked out to my Tacoma, I asked her if she wanted to take her first official drive as a Pennsylvania licensed driver. She said yes, and I tossed her the keys.

Keep in mind that I am an overweight 5'11" guy who weighed about 260 pounds at the time. My boss is a 5'3" Asian woman. As many of you know, base model regular cab Tacos have bench seat that does NOT have separate adjustments for driver and passenger. My boss adjusted the seat to her height and my knees were up against the dashboard!

One complaint my boss always had about my driving prior to that day was my excessive use of the brakes in stop-and-go traffic. At the time, she'd been driving an old GMC Safari owned by the owner of the bar. This, of course, had less-than-stellar braking performance. Before we even made it out of the DMV parking lot, my boss taps the brake pedal and says "Damn! You have good brakes!" She then proceeds to tell me that she will never criticize my braking ever again.

So yeah, it's a Christmas miracle! The one time the DMV actually provided good service!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  9. Dec 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM
    Tee Arghhhhhh Dee

Tee Arghhhhhh Dee is typing...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 SW DCSB 4x4 4.0L V6 Manual
    Stuff
  10. Dec 29, 2016 at 2:15 AM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC 2500hd
    so many it turned into a GMC
  11. Dec 29, 2016 at 2:25 AM
    kitsym

kitsym Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 MGM DCSB TRD Sport
    Are you the drunk grandpa telling the story in this scenario?

12. Dec 29, 2016 at 2:32 AM
    Deuxdiesel

Deuxdiesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE MI
    Vehicle:
    '12 Silver Streak stocker
    The 1995 4Runner I bought two years ago had an MSRP of $31,000 when new. Staggering.

PennSilverTaco [OP] likes this.
  13. Dec 29, 2016 at 5:06 AM
    Tcomaboy

Tcomaboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘10 PreRunner
  14. Dec 29, 2016 at 5:32 AM
    1Shifter

1Shifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Outta the black and into the blue
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Same as everybody else...
    Well I thought it was a lovely story and you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm

15. Dec 29, 2016 at 6:22 AM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Hey, I've been driving on the roads since I was 14 years old. I will be 62 years old in March 2017. I have had one accident in all that time. It wasn't my fault either, a dude failed to yield and turned in front of me.

I've been driving for 47 years ( very near 48 ) and had one accident. You have been driving for 6 years and have had 5 accidents. This is truly sad indeed.

Arailt and CurtB like this.
  16. Dec 29, 2016 at 6:54 AM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5

He is a blogger for gods sake.

17. Dec 29, 2016 at 7:03 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Toyo M55 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 27F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, Cobra 75WXST cb with rear mounted Wilson 3' antenna on Shmellmopwho mount, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, 5100s with 885 coils and 1/4" spacers, SPC LR UCAs, 2wd low range mod
    I appreciate your enthusiasm and ability when it comes to writing, but maybe put it in the off topic threads. Your prolific creation of new threads is pointing toward a need for attention, not a desire to learn more about Tacomas.

Sub_Par likes this.
  18. Dec 29, 2016 at 7:48 AM
    ChemDawg

ChemDawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5 4x4
    I can't belive I read all that :facepalm:

File IFR and 1Shifter like this.
  19. Dec 29, 2016 at 9:11 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4X4 Offroad
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    and... here we go again
    [​IMG]

File IFR and 1Shifter like this.
  20. Dec 29, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    Tee Arghhhhhh Dee

Tee Arghhhhhh Dee is typing...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 SW DCSB 4x4 4.0L V6 Manual