1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Charlie's Aspergers (and General BS) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PennSilverTaco, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Sep 5, 2019 at 7:45 PM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] I have Ass Burgers...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Generally, low-functioning special needs individuals cannot drive. As such, they are unable to get a job at a detail shop because a valid driver's license is required. Jobs at grocery stores and other retail establishments don't require the ability to drive, so these places are full of special needs employees.

I am thrilled that such individuals are able to get jobs, in the process earning money and learning valuable life skills. I just do not have the patience to have them as coworkers.

Taco critter likes this.
  2. Sep 5, 2019 at 7:53 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    I would also like to bring up something else that has been a relatively hot topic in my mind recently...

Law enforcement.

I do not have a problem with the police in the slightest. There have been numerous police officers in my family, both current and former (one, my grandfather, lost a battle with lung cancer in 2007). Most cops are good people who are just trying to do their job. My annoyance with police comes not from the police themselves, but the fact that a lot agencies have devolved into from law enforcement to revenue generation. The ticket I got for unwittingly treating a red light like a stop at midnight last January really pissed me off, because I was pulled over by a sheriff's deputy who had no authority to write me a ticket and then embellished the truth to a responding cop in order to make sure I was ticketed.

Don't even get me started on civil asset forfeiture! Obviously, I've never been a victim of the policing for profit known as civil asset forfeiture, but it pisses me off reading about what some people go through.

Taco critter likes this.
  3. Sep 5, 2019 at 7:55 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    My annoyance with police started back in March 2013 when I was stopped by the police in Doylestown for taking pictures in public. I encountered a DUI checkpoint in March 2017 while driving home from work, which was particularly nerve-wracking even though I was 100% sober and had nothing to worry about.

NOTE: I do not count my first encounter with police as it was pretty straightforward...

Taco critter likes this.
  4. Sep 5, 2019 at 8:17 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    By May 2017, I'd had my license for almost 6 years and never been pulled over (I don't count the 2006 incident as that had happened about five years before I got my license and more than ten years before I got pulled over again). In just over four years (March 2013-May 2017), my dealings with police had been less than pleasant, so I was extraordinarily weary of police by May 2017. I'd also gone over a decade without being pulled over (nonconsecutive; the period of time between December 2006 and August 2009 does not count since my permit had expired and I didn't start driving again for almost three years), and figured that I must be doing something right and that a traffic stop just couldn't happen to me. I REALLY FUCKED UP when I got pulled over in May 2017.

It was late May, and I was driving home from the bar where I used to work, albeit as a customer and not an employee. I'd only had non-alcoholic beers that night and was totally sober, so drinking and driving was not an issue. It was a nice spring night, so I had the windows down and the A/C off. Anyone who is familiar with Doylestown Borough knows that one stretch of Main Street where the speed limit is a harsh 25 MPH even though there's a hill. Keystone Volvo, the Shell gas station, Dunkin' Donuts, and Wawa, among others, are located on this stretch of Main Street. It was a nice night, I'd just gotten a new head unit installed in my Tacoma, and I was driving home. It was 11:30 or so at night, and there was nobody around. I just jamming to Great White and have a grand old time, and I failed to monitor my speedometer. I hauled ass past a hidden police SUV, and the cop clocked me at 43 MPH, 18 MPH over the speed limit. The problem is that I didn't realize I was speeding, and by the time the cop flipped on his lights and pulled onto Main Street, I was so far away from him that I had no reason to believe he was after me. There was an early 2000s Ford Taurus in front of the police Expedition, and this driver pulled over to let him over. I assumed this cop must be headed to an emergency somewhere. When you're headed South out of Doylestown on Main Street, there's a neighborhood called Doylestown Hunt (consisting of oversized tract homes built in the late 1980s and early 1990s) on your right. Assuming the cop was on his way to a call and not after me, I pulled onto the shoulder just past Doylestown Hunt, expecting him to just blow past me. Imagine my absolutely shock when he pulled in behind me and stopped. My first thought was "What the fuck did I do wrong?!?!"

My first instinct was to make sure my lights were on. They were.

It was May; My registration expired in August and my inspection stickers expired in October; Also, there's no way in hell he would have noticed an expired inspection sticker at night and from that distance anyway.

Back in December 2016, I'd been blatantly tailgated by a Doylestown cop on the same stretch of road while driving home late at night; No doubt he was running my license plate and waiting for me to swerve out of nervousness so he could pull me over on "suspicious of drunk driving." Going back to May 2017, I had no idea what I'd done wrong, and I was 99% sure this was just a bored and overzealous cop fishing for drunk drivers.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 7:43 AM
    Taco critter likes this.
  5. Sep 5, 2019 at 8:23 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    **It is important to note that back in June 2015, the exact opposite of the May 2017 incident took place. I was driving to a car show in a rural part Berks County, in an area I'd never been before, and I had my best friend with me in the truck. It was broad daylight, and I'll admit I was hauling ass. I knew I was speeding, and all of a sudden, a marked Dodge Charger roared up behind me with its lights and siren on. I freaked out and immediately assumed I was getting pulled over, but I actually knew why. I was seriously speeding. The problem was that we were in the country with landscaping on either side of the road and no place to stop easily. I started to pull over, and the Charger just blew past me. It quickly became apparent that this cop was headed to a legit emergency and either did not realize or did not care that I was speeding.**

Taco critter likes this.
  6. Sep 5, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Going back to 2017, I started to fume and fume as what seemed like an eternity ticked by. When the cop finally got out of his Expedition, I exploded before he even made it to my window. I bellowed "I don't know why the hell I got pulled over!" and if there had been any chance of me not getting a ticket, that outburst ruined it.

Also, at that point the cop was so pissed that he wanted to find any reason he could to give me another ticket. He shined his flashlight on the lower left corner of my windshield and, probably to his dismay, he found two inspection stickers that were good for another five months. Everything on my truck was 100% legal and up to date, and he never even asked me if I'd been drinking. I was just going to pay the ticket, until I found out that it carried four points on my license. Having never fought a speeding ticket before (or been to court for any reason), I didn't want to do it alone. Luckily, the owner of the bar where I work is a very good lawyer. I immediately consulted him, and since I'd never had a ticket before he was pretty sure he could help me. My lawyer had a couple of things come up, and my court date got pushed back to September 2017 as a result. When I finally did make it to court, I was able to shake hands with and apologize to the cop who'd stopped me. I explained the whole Aspergers thing, and things were good. My offense was reduced from 18 MPH over to 5 miles over, which was no worse than a parking ticket and did not carry any points.

Taco critter likes this.
  7. Sep 5, 2019 at 8:39 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Ironically, less than a month before the court date for my first traffic stop, I got pulled over again.

It was Labor Day, and I was driving home from my Grandma's house in Bethlehem (about a 40-minute drive. It was close to midnight, on Labor Day, prime hours for drunk drivers. I'd consumed entirely too much water, but no alcohol. I came to a three-way intersection a little over five minutes from my house, which had one of those stupid setups where the left turn light operates independently of the "straight" traffic lights. I had the misfortune of ending up at this intersection when the straight lights were green, but the left arrow was red. I had gotten away with this once before, and there was nobody around (or so I thought), so I just went left on red. A few minutes later, I got pulled over. Learning from the mistakes I made during the first traffic stop, I did the complete opposite of what I'd done in May. I was super polite, played the part of the tire motorist driving home from Grandma's, and got off with a warning...

Taco critter likes this.
  8. Sep 9, 2019 at 10:39 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    The new parking garage in Doylestown Borough that numerous residents fought hard for years to keep from being built...

DBB837EB-615D-4CAB-B0F9-0EE9AB866E0A.jpg 7884956E-2BEC-4226-8EEA-33E8E1D7F080.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:37 AM
    Taco critter likes this.
  9. Sep 9, 2019 at 2:09 PM
    Running Man

Running Man flat faced submarine and 4 runner

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Mission Tx
    Vehicle:
    1995 tacoma sr5 RIP 2001 T4R Limited
    nothing on the runner yet
    "hot"?

Taco critter likes this.
  10. Sep 9, 2019 at 6:44 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
  11. Sep 10, 2019 at 5:23 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    What?

Running Man likes this.
  12. Sep 10, 2019 at 5:31 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    I do not care what anybody says...

DUI checkpoints are a waste of time and tax dollars at best, and a violation of the 4th amendment at worst! I was the victim of a recidivist drunk driver almost 4 years ago, and I still loathe them. The sole purposes of DUI checkpoints are for the state to (A) generate revenue, and (B) use the police to intimidate innocent people into submission!

I do not have a problem with law enforcement, but I think DUI checkpoints are very Nazi-esque.

Roving/saturation patrols are a far better allocation of police resources and tax money. Even if they did away with DUI checkpoints, I’d still prefer not to drive at night because there are generally two types of people out at night...

A. Drunk drivers who can hit my truck, and...

B. Overzealous cops looking for drunk drivers who often pull innocent people over for petty bullshit!

13. Sep 10, 2019 at 8:54 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Reagan-era Carrier heat pump at work, still keeping employees cool after almost 35 years!

31F6BC72-0A6C-4027-9C33-9B6BDE0B2EE8.jpg

Specifically, it’s a 1985 Carrier “Round One”...

14. Sep 10, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Here is something that you definitely do not see everyday...

A brand new single-family home with a one-car garage! Unless of course it’s on an overpriced and undersized lot in Doylestown Borough!

84BC1071-F754-460E-9636-5ED2983C7C63.jpg 5340CCDA-792D-40A6-928F-DA64207B9FDF.jpg 3F6795C8-AC46-40FF-9D3E-B557A9E34D8C.jpg B868E106-FC04-4394-BC51-0D5764C760A5.jpg

This is actually a decent sized house, and even better, I am 99% sure there was not a house here before; So no teardown! Still, it’s only got a 1-car garage, there’s almost no yard, and I guarantee it’ll be going for close to $600K at a minimum!

Taco critter likes this.
  15. Sep 11, 2019 at 12:15 AM
    Running Man

Running Man flat faced submarine and 4 runner

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Mission Tx
    Vehicle:
    1995 tacoma sr5 RIP 2001 T4R Limited
    nothing on the runner yet
    what does hot mean used in that context

16. Sep 11, 2019 at 4:10 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    What does it mean? You’re confusing me. It’s just a picture of a parking garage under construction.

Running Man likes this.
  17. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:34 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Were you asking if it was hot out when I took the pictures?

18. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:36 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    And now I realize the issue...

I made that post using my phone! Goddamn autocorrect!

Running Man likes this.
  19. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:46 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    @El Duderino

You live in Honolulu...

Have you ever met Duane Lee Chapman, better known as Dog the Bounty Hunter? How about the late Beth Chapman?

20. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:54 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Today, on That was available as a stick shift?!?!

5BB55F8E-2FFE-400E-9ACB-C874A5AD3C28.jpg FFD18B1C-9D22-4C37-A314-0147F38BF731.jpg

I knew that certain Fusions were available with manual transmissions as late as 2014, but this is the first time I’ve seen a Fusion of any year with a manual transmission in person!

This was in the parking lot at work; My coworkers seem to love having three pedals! One guy drives a 2007-2010ish Camry with a manual stick shift, and a guy I work with directly has a base model stick shift Mitsubishi Lancer (as in NOT an EVO)!

Running Man likes this.
To Top