1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cheap/Free Mods

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by piercedtiger, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Oct 25, 2018 at 10:52 AM
    Easthill Bob

Easthill Bob Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    Bugflector, Predator Tube Steps, Bakflip MX4, Sunflector, Tuffy PU Bed Lock Box, LockEr Down console vault w/Serpa CQC Holster, FH Group Seat Covers, Mud River Back Seat Cover, SS Ducks Unlimited Logo on tailgate, In channel Ventvisor,
    I mount mine on the side of the drivers seat using Maglite mounts. I position mine with the head facing the passenger seat to keep it from sliding out in the event of a front end collision.
    Just my method of securing it.

2. Oct 25, 2018 at 12:02 PM
    Rick_Taco

Rick_Taco I'll do it myself

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4WD Limited MGM 63K Miles
    Bird Dog RVM Bracket, Tint 20% all around, Spider Trax 1.250" wheel spacers K&N Drop in air filter Ram Mount A Pillar (And hard wire charging) Dual 2.4amp Charging USB LED Lower Center Dash Light Center Console Light Trailer plug moved to bumper Tonneau Cover Air Pump Filter Upgrade (UNI Filter) Ultimate reverse light upgrade (Phillips 18161) Anytime Fog Lights Blue LED shift light Mods to Buy Short Term: Ultimate Headlight Upgrade Ultimate Fog light Upgrade Wheelers Bump Stops On Board Compressor Mods to Buy Long Term: Billys and 885's OME leafs & Billys BFG TA K02
    I just used the removable ash tray as the change cup since i do not smoke and I prefer my Stream light in the center console. I do have a console organizer so its always easy to get to. I haven't looked into mag lights in a few years, but when I shopped flash lights and bought my stream light about 4 years ago; It blew the socks off of anything mag light offered at the time. Of course I paid the price for that too. Every person I've handed my stream light too, is blown away at the light output for a flashlight 1/4 the size of a 3D mag light.

Emmetjmcc4 likes this.
  3. Oct 25, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    Easthill Bob

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    Bugflector, Predator Tube Steps, Bakflip MX4, Sunflector, Tuffy PU Bed Lock Box, LockEr Down console vault w/Serpa CQC Holster, FH Group Seat Covers, Mud River Back Seat Cover, SS Ducks Unlimited Logo on tailgate, In channel Ventvisor,
    I've used a Streamlight they are a very good light. The reason I use the Maglite is size. Paired with a Litton Industries or similar bulb the difference over the stock incandescent type bulb is unbelievable. Traveling across the country where my LTC or CCW isn't recognized by other states makes my 4D Maglite a formidable self defense tool. Add a glassbreaker end cap and a not so tame bezel and it's a rather intimidating light. Just my thoughts and why I use the Maglite over a more compact light.

Rick_Taco, stbear and Kolunatic like this.
  4. Oct 25, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    Rick_Taco

Rick_Taco I'll do it myself

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4WD Limited MGM 63K Miles
    Bird Dog RVM Bracket, Tint 20% all around, Spider Trax 1.250" wheel spacers K&N Drop in air filter Ram Mount A Pillar (And hard wire charging) Dual 2.4amp Charging USB LED Lower Center Dash Light Center Console Light Trailer plug moved to bumper Tonneau Cover Air Pump Filter Upgrade (UNI Filter) Ultimate reverse light upgrade (Phillips 18161) Anytime Fog Lights Blue LED shift light Mods to Buy Short Term: Ultimate Headlight Upgrade Ultimate Fog light Upgrade Wheelers Bump Stops On Board Compressor Mods to Buy Long Term: Billys and 885's OME leafs & Billys BFG TA K02
    Yea that's what I hear most people say about the big light, and I do agree with those points. In my self defense training I was taught to never bring something into a fight for you life that could be taken away from you and used against you. And since I have not heavily trained with a baton or a 4D mag light, I'll stick with my old bare knuckles where my hand gun license fails me. I need to break down and get one of those Utah permits, local gun shop has the class once a month.

Easthill Bob likes this.
  5. Oct 25, 2018 at 1:56 PM
    Easthill Bob

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    Utah permit is a great idea. My problem is having to go through New York which renders the Utah permit usless. Hence the 4D Maglite. I keep hoping for a reciprocal nationwide law to pass but so much for hope. Carrying anything more than a flashlight in many states will land you in deep do do. Baseball bat, knife, stun gun, ect., and in some cases even mace is a problem. Until and if laws change concerning concealed carry a big flashlight is really my only option. And be creful with the Utah permit, it must be followed to the letter of the law. For example the permit covers you while on your person in your vehicle and while "traveling though" different states. It doesn't allow you to carry and stop to grab a bite to eat along the way.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  6. Oct 25, 2018 at 2:31 PM
    stbear

stbear Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport
    This is incorrect. The Utah permit allows you to carry concealed in any state that has a reciprocal agreement including stopping to eat. It does not allow you to carry on your person or in your vehicle while traveling through states that do not honor the Utah permit.

Gunshot-6A and Easthill Bob like this.
  7. Oct 25, 2018 at 2:42 PM
    Easthill Bob

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    Well obviously one of us mistaken about the first half of your reply. The second part we're in complete agreement on. Since I haven't taken the class yet and don't hold the Utah permit I'll defer to you. Bottom line is that the devil is in the details and will be learned once the course is taken. But to my original point that's why I chose the Maglite over a smaller flashlight and New York remains my biggest obstacle and why I've yet to take the course.

8. Nov 2, 2018 at 5:43 PM
    jkshel24

jkshel24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TSS
    Cost? a 2 inch strip of double sided tape. :thumbsup:

9. Nov 4, 2018 at 1:13 AM
    Comet'spop

Comet'spop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SanDiego Ca.
    Vehicle:
    06trd4x4,4dr.longbed Super White
    TotalChaos UCA,I-CON 2.5 coilovers,Pro-comp 6''Susp.AFE in FLOWMASTER series 10 out,BFG 315 70 r17 wrapped around MT classic wheel locks,n-Fab pre-runner/ lightbar, Lights -all LED's in & out.HID;sHeadlights,Hella Ralley2000,extra fuse panel under hood,quad Hella horns wired up with 9005 TRS harness

10. Nov 4, 2018 at 1:18 AM
    Comet'spop

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SanDiego Ca.
    Vehicle:
    TotalChaos UCA,I-CON 2.5 coilovers,Pro-comp 6''Susp.AFE in FLOWMASTER series 10 out,BFG 315 70 r17 wrapped around MT classic wheel locks,n-Fab pre-runner/ lightbar, Lights -all LED's in & out.HID;sHeadlights,Hella Ralley2000,extra fuse panel under hood,quad Hella horns wired up with 9005 TRS harness
    I once heard you can carry a baseball bat in your TACOMA legally if you have a baseball or baseball glove as well,not totally for sure though!!

Easthill Bob likes this.
  11. Nov 4, 2018 at 3:39 AM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    Bumpers, rack, backseat deck(for the dog!) Backup lights, fog lights
    Really ??? As apposed to carrying around a 35" cresent wrench:rofl:

Emmetjmcc4, rosebud and Easthill Bob like this.
  12. Nov 4, 2018 at 6:20 AM
    Easthill Bob

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    The most sensible solution to the problem would be a national and states reciprocal carry law. Unfortunately I doubt that I'll see it in my lifetime. The next best solution is to get the hell out states like Massachusetts and California and move to a more 2nd Amendment friendly state.
    Maybe there's hope, Massachusetts now allows stun guns to be carried by LTC/CCW permit holders. Never thought I'd ever see that happen. Personal protection of one's self or family shouldn't be reserved just for the rich, the politically connected.........., OR Hollywood!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    JGO and sioux like this.
  13. Nov 4, 2018 at 6:35 AM
    Easthill Bob

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    Maybe if I machined and installed some 2" diameter lug nuts for my Taco I could pull that off. Wonder what they'd look like on the wife's Subaru?
    :anonymous: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Skierrichy likes this.
  14. Nov 4, 2018 at 6:55 AM
    Easthill Bob

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    If you had a walker or wheelchair you might have trouble pulling that off. A foot of snow on the ground would be problematic as well. You'd probably have better luck carrying an axe, just be sure to strike with the blunt end. :anonymous:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  15. Nov 4, 2018 at 9:48 AM
    JaCado

JaCado Sutton, Popcorn Sutton.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay & Silent Bob
    Vehicle:
    All weak moderators leave the room, you know who you are.
    Ball peen hammer is legal:anonymous:

Skierrichy likes this.
  16. Nov 4, 2018 at 1:29 PM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    I'll never understand there mentality... wonder if they realize what kind of damage I can do with a pencil, not that I'm looking to hurt anyoneo_O

Easthill Bob likes this.
  17. Nov 4, 2018 at 2:27 PM
    Easthill Bob

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM ORDC MT SB
    Pencils break off, tactical pens don't! But I'll stick with my Walther where I can carry legally. Where I can't I'll spin the wheel with the pen, stun gun, mace or my 4D Maglite. When it comes down to you and yours or them you do whatever it takes and worry about the consequences later!

Skierrichy and JaCado like this.
  18. Nov 4, 2018 at 2:58 PM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    I really like brass knuckles...but those are illegal in my state:(

19. Nov 4, 2018 at 4:19 PM
    JaCado

JaCado Sutton, Popcorn Sutton.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay & Silent Bob
    Vehicle:
    All weak moderators leave the room, you know who you are.
    A roll of nickles works too:D

20. Nov 4, 2018 at 8:42 PM
    Comet'spop

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SanDiego Ca.
    Vehicle:
    or the good ol; LOCK IN A SOCK!

Kolunatic and JaCado like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top