1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cheaper And Dirt suspended all firearms sales

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by krimson, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    Dark_Taco

Dark_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Stock
  2. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    CVAC085

CVAC085 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD 4x4 Off-Road DC
    Window Tints, BakFlip Bed Cover
    This happened back in October, prior to the school shooting. A Nassau County ESU Police Officer was attempting a traffic stop at the Nassau County/Queens border. Apparently, ESU officers aren't required to wear vests, so he didn't have one donned and was killed by a savage criminal who had a firearm illegally and purchased in the south.

3. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
  4. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    :confused: ...so this one case points to "the south" as being the source of your crime woes?... your mayor would like you to think that.... truth is, it's easier for the crooks to get (and carry) their guns than you folks can... i'd recommend addressing that discrepancy first... ;)

5. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    CVAC085

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD 4x4 Off-Road DC
    They've been all traced back to the South with the purchases is what I'm saying. We have gun laws here and this is why the criminals come down south. Not point any fingers at any state and not looking to start fights here. This should be a nationwide law, that the feds need to look upon for criminals jumping borders to different states to purchase their weapons.

6. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    ...the feds already do this - it's called illegal transaction in firearms... that's what the BATFE is "supposed" to be on top of... no new laws are needed, ...just enforce the law...

7. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    CVAC085

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD 4x4 Off-Road DC
    Then they have to crack down...simple as that. Sadly, I hear all too often people getting shot or killed with illegally purchase firearms. And they should trace it back to the stores or gun shops that do this and take from there. Not ban an AR, because of a mass murder that the person did and not the gun itself.

8. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    ...no need to convince me... i've always said just enforce the laws ;) it's the BATFE's job to do this (...and that could lead into a whole other "tangent" BTW :D)

9. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    CVAC085

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD 4x4 Off-Road DC
    Absolutely! Took me about an hour or so to process all the paperwork I had maybe more, plus firearm registration when I got my firearms and the background checks with the FBI, etc. Maybe they need tighter background checks in order for previous criminals. Something needs to change. But don't blame the gun for a killing spree if it falls into the wrong hands.

10. Dec 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    :threadjacked: Let's not turn this into a North vs. South debate. We already went through that once.

You can't trace ALL gun purchases back to "the South," nor can you trace ALL illegal guns/guns used in crimes back to "the South." So you heard of ONE case where a gun was traced back to originally being purchased in the lower half of our country. Yes, it's possible, and very likely at that. But then there was that one time that crime was committed in "the South" with a gun that was purchased in "the North." So I concede: guns can be purchased in the North or South and then be used for malicious intent in the South or North respectively. What if there is a case where someone from "the South" moved to "the North," where his house is robbed and the gun stolen. The owner reports the theft, and the gun then gets used by the criminal to commit another crime. Should the sale in "the South" have been banned?

I'm opening up a whole nother can of worms that shouldn't be opened. I apologize to all. I just hate when people point to a definitive solution that won't solve the problem. I believe the point of this thread was originally about how people are over reacting to a tragedy. I have never shopped at CTD, and I may if they offer the best prices, but I certainly will not make them my first choice.

As far as the recent number of shootings, I truly believe that the media should stop publicizing with such emphasis. Sure, it's newsworthy, so I'm not suggesting that they ignore it. However, covering it for days gives other criminals/mentally ill/disturbed or otherwise irresponsible people ideas that they might not have otherwise had. I also believe that part of the problem lies with the parents. Are the parents bad people? Not necessarily. You don't have to be a bad person to be a bad parent. Anybody can be a bad parent. Kids today aren't raised with the same morals and values as they were decades ago.

I'll shut up now.

11. Dec 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    yep, ...a lot of crooks steal their weapons... what i've heard from LEOs/instructors is that (fortunately) a lot of thugs get caught w/ derelict guns that are in poor working order...

12. Dec 18, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    CVAC085

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD 4x4 Off-Road DC
    No matter what criminals will find ways to do what they feel they have to do and do whatever it takes to get what they want and need.

13. Dec 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    uhmmmar15

uhmmmar15 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Uhmmm
    Texas
    I really hope they go out of business from all the pissed off customers, they sure love to screw people over on prices if anybody is looking for a deals check out chucksguns.com I bought my midwest handguard and it was about $30 less then the MSRP.

14. Dec 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I was an innocent victim

15. Dec 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    DCGirl

DCGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Buds gun shop? Thought I saw the owner on the news today saying they weren't going to sell AR15's

16. Dec 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    haw haw

spoons-made-me-fat-gun-sellers-sign.jpg

17. Dec 19, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  18. Dec 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    But back to Cheaper than Dirt, what sense doee it make for their suspending shipping of firearms?

They can only ship directly to a business or individual holding an FFL from the BATF, so what does it matter whether they order it online or call up and order it?

19. Dec 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  20. Dec 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    Hell Yes. I would be all over this. Fat chance in hell that it will happen though. There would be so many laws and regs put over this.

There are plenty of bored vets out there. I'm one of them right now. More because I live in the boonies because my wife is still active.

People kill people. Guns are only a tool. There are many other tools out there. Almost anything can kill someone if used correctly. Should Dick's stop selling baseball bats because you can kill someone with that too. Liberal tree hugging f**ks need to realize how ridiculous they really are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top