1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check Engine Light with codes P0420, P0430, P0606

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by P. Bauer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Jul 18, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    P. Bauer

P. Bauer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    TRD S/C :: Intake Camburg SwayAway Magnaflow American Racing Donahoe Racing Wheelers OffRoad
    Cleared the codes 3-4 times, unplugged the battery, they all came back.

P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) (Driver's side)
    P0430: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2) (Passenger side)
    P0606: PCM Processor Fault

Took it to the dealership with the Check Engine light on, showed them the 3 codes I was getting.

Verdict: New manifolds (with all 4 cats), A/F Sensors (front oxygen sensors).

They are claiming I need to pay for the replacement of the Heated Oxygen Sensors (rear oxygen sensors) because they are only covered by the 3/36 warranty, not the Federal Emissions 8/80 or Toyota's extended emissions 8/90.

Very odd, I'm going down to talk to the dealer/service manager about this, but if the Warranty Booklet shows they don't cover these, then I'll guess I am on the hook.

In hindsight, I should have ordered Thorley short tube headers, Magnaflow cats and new rear 02s and called it a day. Now I'm paying to have it fixed to "stock".

NOTES: TRD CAI, TRD S/C, Magnaflow muffler, everything else emission related is stock.

2. Jul 18, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad Poser ψ(`∇´)ψ
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Dooood!! That's the suck right there. I have a 420 code but my truck still runs like a champ, I'm planning on getting DTLT headers and o2 sims to call it a day. How much is that going to run you? I bet is easy over 2 g's if you didn't have warranty

3. Jul 18, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    P. Bauer

P. Bauer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    TRD S/C :: Intake Camburg SwayAway Magnaflow American Racing Donahoe Racing Wheelers OffRoad
    I'll let you know on Monday what the total is (warranty)

To Top