1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check out my gear list

Discussion in 'Recovery' started by clever_trevor, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Dec 20, 2020 at 11:05 PM
    clever_trevor

clever_trevor [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey all, I bought a Tacoma a couple weeks ago and am looking for advice on a list I put together of essentials for offroading, based off tacomaworld.com threads. Is there anything I'll really need to add or should swap out? Anything I should get for cheaper? My Amazon cart is getting heavy lol. Also, I'm a beginner and plan on going out 1 to 2 times a month, so the majority of driving will be in the city.
    1. BaoFeng BF-F8HP dual band 2-way radio https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MAULSOK
    2. Mechanix gloves 3. Need suggestions for a tool kit!
    4. Smittybilt 2781 5.65 CFM Universal Air Compressor 5. Folding shovel 6.. Recovery tow strap 7. Hi lift jack. I'll be ordering rock sliders. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMDSOG/
    8. Recovery traction tracks aka Maxtrax knock offs https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS1SKIW/

Not included in the list are tires/suspension/etc. I'm still figuring those specifics out. Here's an obligatory pic of the new truck.

2. Dec 20, 2020 at 11:12 PM
    Tacoma1997White4x4

Tacoma1997White4x4 America First

Member:
    West Covina, California
    Vehicle:
    1997 white 4x4 auto 4cylinder Singlecab, 2001 auto rwd 2.4l single cab flatbed
    Km3’s 31’s,Lift,Sliders,rear ARB air locker,on board air, armor, hi shell
    you should get a cheater bar, clear safety glasses, fire extinguisher, battery car jumper, ratchet straps, zipties, first aid kit

3. Dec 21, 2020 at 7:47 AM
    JEEPNIK

JEEPNIK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Voodoo Blue TRD Sport
    Have you ever off-roaded before? If not hook up with an experienced group. Not what they carry and ask why.

Also do a search here it’s been throughly discussed here.

4. Dec 22, 2020 at 6:18 AM
    cwadej

cwadej Ballerina Award winner

Member:
    Right Here
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4
    Ditch the baofeng and get a real mobile unit. 10x the power = range = good thing. There are some ham radios that can be modded to do frs and gmrs also. Not that its legal, but is easily done

sbl23 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top