1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check out my new exhaust (Cherry bomb extreme duals)

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tacomadoublecab, Jul 25, 2008.

1. tacomadoublecab

tacomadoublecab [OP] Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    02 Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    20" MB Motoring "Jump" on 275/55/20 Road Huggers, Custom blue interior neon & led floor lighting, Cherry bomb extreme dual exhaust with turndowns, low profile bug shield, westin chrome step bars, open airbox mod, and a couple of small engine mods
    So Ive seen a couple people make threads about exhaust asking about the cherry bomb extreme and I finally have a vid of what it sounds like on the 3.4L with duals. I may have posted it before but to those who havent saw it, heres a link to it with dual turndowns:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sSWw4CuLS80&feature=related
    It sounded okay with the turndowns but the interior resonance was crazy, forget listening to the radio. I liked it for a while but the drone started to get to me so I decided to put tailpipes on it and here is the finished product:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyAXQ4MqPO8
    It took alot of crazy pipe bending to make it fit on the left side and I went to over ten different exhaust shops and only found one in the area to do it (If they say it isnt possible with the spare, go to a different shop because as you see here, its possible and very safe distance from the spare tire) As for the sound, on the outside, it sounds about the same, a little quieter and more toned in my opinion. As for the interior, you can tell it has an exhaust but if you turn your radio on a normal volume setting, you can just about fade the exhaust sound out. I love the sound of it and Im very happy with the finished product :D Also forgot to mention in the vids, the truck has only 1 of the factory cats.

2. tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab

didnt sound too bad in the first vid.....but we cant view the 2nd vid.....can you fix that?? i really wanna hear it with the pipes on!!

3. tacomadoublecab

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    20" MB Motoring "Jump" on 275/55/20 Road Huggers, Custom blue interior neon & led floor lighting, Cherry bomb extreme dual exhaust with turndowns, low profile bug shield, westin chrome step bars, open airbox mod, and a couple of small engine mods
    Sorry bout that, Idk why I disabled embedding. Should work now though :thumbsup:

4. tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    damn.......sounds really good with the pipes on it and all!!! good sound man!

5. tacomadoublecab

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the compliment! I think it would sound even better with both cats on but too late now :frusty:

To Top