1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check out my sweet BFGoodrich Rugged cheese graders!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BenJammn5, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Mar 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    i had the ko's
    i hated them

2. Mar 28, 2009 at 1:20 PM
    ToyoComp

ToyoComp Addicted Mod'r

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD Off Road DC
    Sway-A-Way Race Runner 2.5 coil over (3" lift) & Icon 2.5 rear shocks on RXT springs, Total Chaos UCA, ToyTec differential drop, Tom Woods Driveshaft, SpiderTrax spacers, 8128 Pro Comp wheels, Toyo Open Country RT 285/70/17, DT Long Tube headers, URD MAF, TRD CAI & exhaust, Line-X coated Famous Fabrication front bumper, Demello Sliders and rear bumper, Wet Okole covers, Rigid LED spot, driving & fog, bed mat, debadged & EBC Stage 4 rotors and pads
    Completely agree with the Rugged Trail bashing and very surprised that BFG would actually slap their good name on such a POS tire. On the other hand, I run the BFG KM2's and have ZERO complaints. IMO...the KM2's flex well, clear mud easily, offer great rock crawling capability and have a stout sidewall. I'm sure someone has had an issue with just about every tire made but Toyota should offer a better tire on the TRD trucks.

3. Mar 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    I have the kos and I'm really happy with them they don't do too bad in the snow and do well in the rain from my experience

4. Mar 28, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    ive had toomany close calls with mine
    once when it was raining i went to make a left turn on to a dirt road and i didnt see the 18 wheeler coming (because it was kinda dark and he didnt have his lights on) and i started to turn and then i seen him so i hit the brakes and they locked up on me and i started to slide so i turned my wheel to the right and hit the gas and that got me off to the side of the road and then the 18 wheeler went by and i started down the dirt road and then down the dirt road i was going like 15-20 mph and hit this small mud puddle and that was enough to hydroplane me completely sideways on a 1 car lane road sourronded by trees
    thank god i didnt hit any of them and i was alright
    so after that i got out and locked my wheels and put it in 4 hi and drove a little ways and put it back in 2wd cuz i thought i would make it home with no proublems and later down a diffrent dirt road it was muddy but not that muddy and i slowed down and got stuck in what i call nothing so i put it back in 4wd and got out of there and drove the rest of the way home in 4 hi

and thats why i dont like the bfg a/t ko's

5. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    Yes, one would think that if you bought a truck and the words "Racing" and "Off Road" were put on the side that it would come with badass tires.

6. Mar 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    They beat the hell out of Bridgestone Duelers. And so far I've taken my stock 09 TRD OR with rugged trails through all my local spots that I used to wheel on BFG ATs. Tires look fine and have gotten me through mud holes surrounded by broken recovery straps and up hills I saw BFG MTs break loose on.

Don't blame the tires for driver error:rolleyes:

7. Mar 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    I wouldn't blame the tire if I hadn't been through several other sets of off road tires. Nitto TG's and BFgoodrich A/T, both of which were subjected to the same abuse I put these ruggedtrash tires through. My previous A/T tires beat these ruggedfails X1000.

2 weeks ago I did a couple of donuts in the dirt which chewed chunks of rubber off; i've done countless donuts w/ the nittos, and get this, the rubber stayed on! The poor performance of the tire is not due to my driver error. Sure, I'd expect some wear but not THAT bad.

Some people have actually had success with these tires and for that they should be very grateful.

Products Discussed in

To Top