1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

check this out!!!!! proud dad part #2

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 225nontypical, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Oct 27, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    225nontypical

225nontypical [OP] ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    so most of you have seen my post called proud dad and the most exciting 15 minutes ever.
    well this is proud dad and the most exciting 30 minutes ever.
    i called my wife on the way home and told her to get kenna and herself ready we were going hunting. once i got home we loaded up and off the family went.
    on the way home i saw a nice little buck and a few does so i knew the deer were moving.
    we really wanted to just go up and just make sure the gun was still on from the trip to Washington and back. once we got there i am glad we checked because it was a little off. i think it was due to some loose screws that i tightened up. anyway about 5:30 we had it dialed.
    i was in a relatively new area for me i only go there to shoot the guns but with little time i thought lets walk down this road (i thought there was a clear cut wrong) once it started to get steep we stopped and decided to head back (my wife had her ACL rebuilt about 1 month ago so we have to be careful where we walk). we got back to the rock pile we shoot at and decided we would walk the power line road, about 1/4 mile in we found a bench that over looked another bench and then a big open hill side (the hillside was way out). before we sat down i thought the corner of the low bench look really good and thought if we see a buck it will be there. so we all sat down got positioned and i threw up my swaro's to glass that corner and what do a see but a buck staring at us!!!!!!!!!! as quickly as i could i got the gun ready i tried to position kenna, but with the fog now starting to roll in i could not tell if the buck was still there. as i glassed frantically the fog moved passed and could see the buck still there. then he started to walk towards us WOW is this really happening.
    so we let him walk towards us, we where about ready to shoot a few times but the scope kept fogging up. i think i wiped it off like 10 times, finally i got nervous he was about to bail off the edge and ask kenna if she was ready, she said yes (i had not ranged him but i know he was around 150). once i new she was ready i told her go ahead and pull the trigger. BOOM and i see the buck jump forward and then off the edge, i kept waiting to see him come out the bottombut he never did. with the weather being less the ideal and not having a lot of day light left my wife stayed up where we were and kenna and i went down to find the buck (i knew he was hit but not sure how good). once we got to the area the buck was we could not find him or any sign of him. i was thinking please no not a wounded buck, so i started a circle pattern and after about 20 minute i walked right up to him in waste high ferns (20 yards off the edge from the trail he was on). i got kenna down to me and buck and let her look him over it was pretty cool to see her excitement. one problem i left the camera at home!!!!!!!!! i took some bad cell phone pictures and we got to work, once we where done i tried to get the buck on my back to pack him out, that did not work. now i can haul some weight but man i could not get this deer even on my shoulders to try to carry him. my wife was not really up to helping with her leg still not even 60%. so a quick phone call to a buddy was made. mike showed up and we drug the buck out. once home we took a few more good pictures and then my real work started. kenna went to bed and i skinned and cleaned up the buck. since it is her first i caped it out to get it mounted. anyway i am real tired and i am sure i forgot something, but enjoy the pictures.
    one more thing kenns took off the top inch of the heart and took out both lungs i think she needs a neck name like dead eye.
    i guess i should say this was a youth mentor hunt on my wifes tag
    DSCI0093_3e4ffd499c907221dcc5e1ce723f72148bbd2dc9.jpg
    DSCI0095_ea3ba73fb6a1f4ee63f3dbdf560e973f4c09528c.jpg

2. Oct 27, 2010 at 5:07 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Oct 27, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Awesome...................by the way.................you should go buy a few lottery tickets.

Congrats to some fond memories and excellent hunts.

4. Oct 27, 2010 at 5:59 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    you must be living right!:D awesome story for sure, I think I have a couple more years before I can post something like that. NICE!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:04 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    That's awesome.
    When i was 16 (legal age for gun in NY) i shot a monster 9 point and i don't think i've ever seen a happier moment for my father (I'm now 24). He was all smiles and on the phone calling up everone he knew. So yeah, i know exactly how you feel. congrats on raising some naturnal born killers lol

6. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    Congrats!!!! You all are going to be eating good this winter!

7. Oct 27, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Wow. Amazing. Nice shot girl!! 150 + or -. That is more than most of my buddy's can lay claim to.

8. Oct 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    gosh..i dont think i killed my first buck until i was 20 years old!!!

9. Oct 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Cool! Where were you hunting? Wa or Or?

10. Oct 27, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    225nontypical

225nontypical [OP] ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    oregon outside of lyons

Products Discussed in

To Top