1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

check this video out!

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by lotsoftoys, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 2, 2012 at 4:27 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    That guys mouth is what got him arrested, how about shut the f*** up and let the cop do his job.

2. Jul 2, 2012 at 5:01 AM
    dtmccray

dtmccray Well-Known Member

Member:
    millbrook alabama
    Vehicle:
    01 money pit
    d60 3link sas, bumpers, sliders, arb twin on board air comp w/11gal air tank,38.5/14.5r15 tsl sx swampers, rock 8 beadlocks, detroit rear, trutrac front.
    Cops aren't all bad.......somebody has to do the paperwork for the insurance companies.

3. Jul 2, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Because he stopped doing his job when he pulled him over. That's the point.

4. Jul 2, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    toy teccoil overs 2.5 lift.600lb springs, allpro expedition leaf pack. cbi hybrid bumper, cbi slider,cbi rear bumper swing arm, roof rack ghostflames, sport hood, tsb steering, trd cai, red map lights, derp works custom platform for bed. backup cam any time mod, fog light any time mod. bed light mod. 400watt inverter mod. 2857516 dura tracs. beach sand intsall and a lot more shite
    no disrespect to yo calli boys but remember this was Texas and laws and attitudes are different here. as i mentioned before you don't mess with cops down here. all of them have litte obscure laws in the books that they can charge you with if they wanted to. like not having spare rear light signal bulbs in your glove box . most people don't carry those. if he thinks that you wont show up for court then he can detain you and then let the hearing judge decide if you can go or not. its the way it is; be it right or wrong.

5. Jul 2, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    X2

We have our share of LEO issues in Los Angeles too.

They wanted the video camera-good idea
    They had no plan 'A' to get legally-bad move
    Plan 'B' wasn't well thought out-lawsuit

6. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Okay, don't be foolish. It's our country, not yours. Anyway, there was no illegal search and seizure. The cyclist's license plate was concealed (obstructed), thus his detention and arrest was valid. Subsequent to his arrest, the police had every right to search his person and seize anything in his possession (his motorcycle, his camera, etc). That's especially true if the item in his possession might contain evidence, of his crime or that of his associates (the other cyclists with him).

Most motorists are obviously treated separately. However, this was a group of cyclists engaged in a group activity. Each knew what was planned before entering that roadway. This particular cyclist's part in that activity was videotaping his friends violating the traffic laws. As an active, knowing, participant in that (no different than the friend of a bank robber going along to videotape the crime), surely this cyclist shares equal responsibility.

7. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    QFT

8. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

I thought all of you Texas folks were about Constitutional Rights.

9. Jul 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    :(

10. Jul 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Yer getting deported tomorrow :mad:

11. Jul 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
  12. Jul 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
  13. Jul 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    I don't mind the police when they are fair, respectful, and don't push, abuse, or break people's rights just because they can and nobody can stop them.

14. Jul 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    aznutx

aznutx Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD
    interesting but was a bit much

15. Jul 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  16. Jul 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    FBGW01

FBGW01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kaleb
    East Mesa AZ
    check my build
    haha no offense to the nice officers;) haha u must have stopped reading at the part u highlighted, but ya ive been dealin with the cops to much lately, so if u get that negativity towards cops from me, well im sorry:p:D

17. Jul 3, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    CayucosTacoma

CayucosTacoma Just think outside the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Luis Obispo/San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab 4x4
    Specs in the Build Thread

They ran off to go catch someone who was recording the arrest from an iphone is what i read on youtube. Pretty random though hah

18. Jul 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    it's just how you hold a bike helmet. the only real place to grab it is on the mouth guard, so when the guy put it on the car he just set it down how he was holding it, hanging down with his hand on top of the mouth guard.

19. Jul 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM
    R o C C o 5 7

R o C C o 5 7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4
    Pro Comp 6" lift.Icon Coilovers,Total Chaos UCAs,Magna Flow muffler,N Fab step bars,front windows titnt
    So I come up to a check point;Young cop thinks I'm high cause he sees glare in my eyes,I explain to him that I'm diabetic and I've had eye surgery the glare is from optical lenses inserted in my eyes.Ofcourse he didn't believe me,and believe me I'm about the most respectful guy the cops are going to pull over.Never did a sobriety test,cuffed me proceeded to curs at me and put me in the back of the patrol car.I mean really.His supervisor continued with the same questions and I gave him the same answers after 30 minutes or so they told me to go the F home before they find something to arrest me for. Again.....REALLY????? I have (had) freinds that are cops and this is absolutly no lie....I've seen them drink like fish and get behind the wheel afterward and when I call them on it....well that's why I say (had)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top