1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chiropractors

Discussion in 'Health' started by chadderkdawg, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Jan 21, 2014 at 7:19 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Mine is very gentle, not a grab and twist fellow. My wife started 9 yrs ago due to many years of back issues such as 2 degenerating disks. Went from missing about 2 wks of work a year to 3 days in 9 yrs. She doesn't even go unless it acts up.

A few yrs back I had a pinched nerve in my neck and just raising my arm was too painful..6 or so visits with him and good as new.

2. Apr 5, 2024 at 11:05 AM
    ronmyway

ronmyway Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Buckeye, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tacoma TRD Sport
    Custom skid plates six inch Fabtech lift Aftermarket rear bumper Wheels: Moto Metal MO970 17 X8 Tires purchased September 2022: Toyo Tire Open Country A/T III LT285 /75 R17 117Q
    Never had any results with chiro. Accupuncture for me, or even a (legitimate) massage therapist. Looking for good recommendations in the west Phoenix area btw.

3. Apr 6, 2024 at 3:38 PM
    Dbrva

Dbrva Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    1997 Blue Tacoma
    Not a fan of chiropractors. I've had some back issues and only trust my back doctor, who isn't a chiropractor for any advice. I do recommend massage if you can afford it, and make sure to take up core exercises. You've got to work out your core because it's the main thing holding your body up, don't overuse your back muscles and strain them.

lastcall190 likes this.
  4. Apr 6, 2024 at 6:23 PM
    ronmyway

ronmyway Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Buckeye, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tacoma TRD Sport
    Custom skid plates six inch Fabtech lift Aftermarket rear bumper Wheels: Moto Metal MO970 17 X8 Tires purchased September 2022: Toyo Tire Open Country A/T III LT285 /75 R17 117Q
    Totally agree. Core strength is a wonderful thing as we age. Pilates is expensive and different, but it works.

5. Apr 11, 2024 at 9:40 AM
    sbx22

sbx22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Norcal
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD DCSB OR 4x4
    If you're in a desperate situation, like I was, try it for a couple sessions. But in the end, I walk away feeling like it was a complete sham. The 2 chiros I saw run it like a mill. They do the same exact thing for everyone. Everyone is different with different pains that should get individualized treatment.

lastcall190 likes this.
  6. Apr 11, 2024 at 9:49 AM
    lastcall190

lastcall190 Active Member

Member:
    I'll preface with everyone's body is different, and if chiro works for you, that's wonderful.

I tried one when I was younger, then again recently right before an injury. Afterwards I met with a Neurologist (for an MRI and EMG) and physical therapist... I've had more success with those two things and working out core and legs over the past 3 years (ran a shitload before that, always on the road, which may or may not have impacted things...). Also shifted my mindset simply to, I'll prob have good days and bad days, so I just need to deal with it and listen to what hurts and doesn't.

I consider myself lucky, as others have it far far far worse and I hope they can find some relief.

ABA180 likes this.
  7. Apr 11, 2024 at 9:54 AM
    Kwikvette

Kwikvette Chief Executive Officer at Kwik Fab

Member:
    Stock
    As someone that went from constant back pain, to being almost completely unable to walk (for a few days), to being up and doing *most* day to day stuff I can say a chiropractor helped rectify several issues I had.

I still have flare-ups and will always have back issues on account of degeneration of my disk, having been shot, and more.

However, I did have alignment issues that were caused by the body wanting to "correct" itself that caused even more strain and eventually led me to having the worst back pain I had ever experienced in my life.

It took 2-3 visits per week, for a few months, until I was back to being how I was about 5-7 years ago.

So, while I still have issues due to my injuries in the war, the other issues that stemmed from that afterward were somewhat resolved.

Before that, I had never been to a chiropractor before so all I had to do was trust that the VA knew what they were suggesting and rolled with it.

lastcall190 likes this.
  8. Apr 11, 2024 at 10:10 AM
    e_engstro

e_engstro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x2
    I had never been to a chiropractor before I met my wife. Chiropractic care ran in her family. I think it really depends on what you're dealing with. My wife's atlas in her neck will go out and she'll start getting headaches. Once they adjust her atlas it normally goes away within a day.

I was having hip issues and I started noticing that when I would get adjusted things would settle down after getting flare-ups. With how active I am I decided to see an orthopedist about it. I eventually ended up getting surgery for the long haul fix (obviously something a chiropractor couldn't fix with routine adjustments). But I think in short chiropractic care can work but I don't think it's going to fix anything. But as long as you're fine with the results you're getting then that's all that matters. I think it can be a good place to start if something is getting flared up.

If you do find a chiropractor make sure they listen to your pains and they aren't just someone who racks 'em and cracks 'em with every patient.

Kwikvette likes this.
  9. Apr 11, 2024 at 11:59 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    My wife is in a similar spot with degenerative disc issues in her L area. The chiropractor can't "fix" that of course..but he can give relief etc.

She will have to go 2-3 times a week for several weeks when it gets bad but that has bought her at least a year of manageable or no pain each time.

End of the day everyone is different of course..and the person matters too. The one she sees is not a "grab, pull, twist" as I refer to some of them. Very gentle.

Kwikvette[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Apr 11, 2024 at 12:12 PM
    joba27n

joba27n YotaWerx Authorized tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Nolan
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gray TRD Sport Tacoma MT
    YotaWerx engine software enchantment, Bumper light bar, Hood wrap, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Durobumps.
    It depends on the root issue and the Chiropractor itself too. I went to one for almost a year and I saw minimal of any difference at all during or after that time. Rolling out my back with a Chirp wheel helped significantly more. Recently I tried one again when I was in Grenada a few months ago and that guy actually made a huge difference after two short visits. Including by working on my arm for my carpal tunnel like symptoms.

I used to be a skeptic but now i've changed to "it depends on who is the Chiropractor and whats actually wrong with you"

Products Discussed in

To Top