1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chirping noises and it ain't birds!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ToyotaMan23, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jan 21, 2017 at 10:39 AM
    ToyotaMan23

ToyotaMan23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kody
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tacoma
    Hi, first off let me tell you that I don't know much about vehicles just the thought of doing anything under the hood frightens me because I just know I'll end up breaking something, I found this forum and saw that you guys are pretty reliable at answering questions, so here it goes. The other day I went to town to have my 2010 Toyota Tacoma serviced and to buy a new serpentine belt for it as the original had become quite worn and was in need of replacement, after I got my oil changed I went to the car wash and had it cleaned, it wasn't until after the car wash that the annoying chirping sound began, I thought maybe some water from the car wash might have got on the belt or one of the pullies and didn't worry about it, the next day my Dad and I changed the belt and checked the pullies but the chirping sound has yet to stop, and it's got me quite concerned! It starts chirping the moment I start the engine and gets quicker and louder when I mash the gas, I have a feeling it's a pulley but I can't be too sure. My 2010 Tacoma has a 4cylinder engine... If you guys could tell me how to stop the chirping or squeaking I would be very thankful!

2. Jan 21, 2017 at 11:15 AM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES
    You changed the belt again right??? You can spray a little belt dressing on the belt and see if it goes away (Just a little - when running - watch your fingers!). Idler pulley bearing making noise? Other Front engine non crank related bearings - Generator, water pump (add WP conditioner to Coolant - may help.). Power steering fluid low /bearings? Clutch fan ?

Does it make it when you start the engine with the belt off?

Try only ONE thing at a time and let us know the outcome. Others where will probably add correct to my list ....

Let us know what you find.

3. Jan 21, 2017 at 11:16 AM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES

Oh Yeah! Welcome to Tacoma World !!! -update you profile to include truck Specifics ...

Products Discussed in

To Top