1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Choosing the right console ?????

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by efmugen, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Sep 21, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    efmugen

efmugen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pasadena,CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4-banger
    So im deciding to ditch my bench seat for some buckets which requires me to get the center console with the armrest, since it hard trying to locate an entire setup Im going to piece it together, my question is what correct center console from a tacoma would fit in my regular cab?

2. Oct 31, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    tellico

tellico Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 cyl
    The only problem I had with my bench seat in my 09 Reg Cab was that there was not enough upper back support. So, I took it to a local upholstery shop and they put in extra padding for my upper back. Cost $80. Works for me.

3. Nov 2, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    oofy15354

oofy15354 Proud Tundra *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Massachusetts
    Herculiner, Access Tonneau, Uniden cb, firestik antennae, Bosch Wipers, JVC Ipod headunit, Boston Acoustic Speakers
    are we to assume this is for your 06?

if so, anyone have solution for the 04 also?

(sorry to hijack your thread but im looking for the same thing)

4. Nov 3, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    tellico

tellico Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 cyl
    I own a 4 cyl 09 Tacoma with no frills. Bought it used this past spring. It had 13K miles. Paid 14.5k. It has AT, AC, CD, and bench seat. Like most owners with bench seats, I found it uncomfortable, especially in my upper back.

I have a friend who owns a body shop. I asked him what he would take to replace the bench seat with bucket seats. He advised me to take it to an upholstry shop and ask what they could do. I did.

The upholstry owner suggested adding additional padding in the area of the seat which supports the upper back. I said OK, and he added the padding. It costs $80. I feel a lot more comfortable now.

I now would like to have a console. I was searching for a bench seat console when I ran across the Bench Seat Console Post. The reason I posted was to inform the poster and others that own a beach seat, a cheaper alternative solution exists. BUT, if any one who reads this post knows where I can find a bench seat console, please let me know.

Now, about my Tacoma. It is what I refer to as a no-frills-added good truck.
    4CYL
    AT
    AC
    CD/Radio
    26.5 MPG combination city/road

I have added:
    tool box
    hitch
    wiring harness
    in-channel wind deflectors
    arm rest

My next addition will be a no-frills bass boat. I have been looking at a Tracker Bass Pro(16 ft with 30hp motor), but I am waiting for the boat shows in January before I make up my mind.

5. Nov 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    15 hp is no frills , 30 hp is opulent, learn to suffer. Wait i take that back, the boat is opulent , get a tube/wader thing.:D

6. Nov 9, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    you could look on Amazon.com and search the clutter catcher, im getting it for my 07 regular cab tacoma. It looks pretty nice

Products Discussed in

To Top