1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Christmas in September! Questions about non-TSB and measuring level...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by yellowlab, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sep 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    yellowlab

yellowlab [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC LB TRD
    Stock TRD, but ordered up 5100 Billys. Grillcraft, Pioneer Avic with NAV, DVD, Backup Camera, Ungo Box, Truck Cover Tonneau, TRD seat covers, Weather Teks, Toyota Side steps,
    Well, I am a lucky man. Got to get a new boat, and a new truck this month, and it was my birthday!

I've been scouring the net and found a dealer that had 5 FJ Cruiser SE (gun metals) and they are shipping them to me for free and no tax! Also ordered up from DSM the Bilstein 5100 front and rears with ICON AAL spring pack 1.5".

Question I have is will the 1.75" setting suffice for the front to level it out. Its on on a non TSB 2nd Gen truck. Should I measure on the frame just behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel to figure out the delta, so as to adjust the setting, or do you think that putting on the 1.75" setting should suffice with the 1.5" AAL?

I'll be running BFG AT 265/75/16, one size bigger on the new SE rims. Really excited to see how everything is going to turn out. This is a great forum of resources, thanks to the members answers in advance.

Thanks,

Yellowlab.

2. Sep 16, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    with the rear AAL adding 1.5 inches in the rear,
    Setting the billys up front at 1.75 should work out perfect.

3. Sep 20, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    yellowlab

Member:
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC LB TRD
    Stock TRD, but ordered up 5100 Billys. Grillcraft, Pioneer Avic with NAV, DVD, Backup Camera, Ungo Box, Truck Cover Tonneau, TRD seat covers, Weather Teks, Toyota Side steps,
    I did inquire, but they didn't. The parts guy called the depot in Ontario, CA and begged him to release the 5. Wheels just arrived UPS today, awesome! Once I get the 5100's and the ICON leafpack, should be good to go!

I've been reading some other threads and some guys don't like setting the fronts at 1.75 with the TSB especially when towing as they felt that their trucks rode nose high.

I do tow my boat and enclosed trailer and wondering if the ICON leafpack would be ultimately a bit stiffer than the TSB, as to provide more progressive load and help offset the tow sag.

Now, Im having second thoughts about 1.75 vs. setting them at 0.85. Anyone that tows with these upgrades that can chime in here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4. Sep 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    yellowlab

Member:
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC LB TRD

I saw your thread about returning the BFG AT for the Goodyear Duratreks. Did your MPG really go down that much with the BFG? Why do you think that is? More weight, tread pattern? I am thinking of the exact same size: 265/75/16. I've owned the BFG AT's and loved them on my Tundra and other 4x4's. I don't do alot of wheeling anymore, but the combination of tread design, decent highway noise emission, and durability all point to the BFG.

If the Goodyears have good treadware rating and are cheaper, I might look into them...

Products Discussed in

To Top