1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

chromoly uca cross shafts 1st gen 5 lug

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by Joels98taco, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Feb 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    Joels98taco

Joels98taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    fabtech 3" spindles, icon aal, 10" bilstein 7100 rear shocks, daystar coil spacers, AFE Pro Dry-s drop in filter, sony head unit, 2 12" pioneer subs, pioneer 6.5s all around, custom 1.25 lift shackles, custom lower ball joint brackets fabbed by me
    Hey guys do you want to fix the biggest weak piont in your front suspension? Here is your chance. These cross shafts bend way before the lbj bracket will break. Just talked to brian from american motorsports today and he is willing to cut us a good deal on these stock replacement shafts. Called toyota and they want 75 plus tax each and they bend fairly easy trust me lol. I am gonna let him say the price since he is the one getting them machined. But the more sets we get made the cheaper they will be. Add your name to the list if your in! :)
    1.joels98taco
    2.trdchris

2. Feb 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    TRDChris

TRDChris Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    La Puente
    Vehicle:
    5 lugger
    H.I.D 6000K, 5% tint all around, black on blacked out rims(sprayed stock rims), fog light mod, deckplate mod, plastidipped bumper and interior, self made eyelids, window visors, clear corners, Billet grille, trd grill emblem
    This is definitely a great investment considering the stock cross shafts bend easily!!!

3. Feb 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    Joels98taco

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    fabtech 3" spindles, icon aal, 10" bilstein 7100 rear shocks, daystar coil spacers, AFE Pro Dry-s drop in filter, sony head unit, 2 12" pioneer subs, pioneer 6.5s all around, custom 1.25 lift shackles, custom lower ball joint brackets fabbed by me
    Bump! Come on guys I know most of you hit dirt lol these bad boys are a must!

4. Feb 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    Trifenix

Trifenix Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    99 LT 5 lug Taco
    my cross shaft never bent or broke but my fenders and lbj did :p

5. Feb 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    Joels98taco

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    I think a big part of that is tire size too. What size tires were you running when the bracket broke?

Products Discussed in

To Top