1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chrysler idling all plant for 1 month

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by oldtacomaguy, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Dec 17, 2008 at 7:02 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy [OP] four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Just read on Comcast that Chrysler has idled all plants for a month. Not a real good time for the employees. I'm sure this will trickle down and affect some of our jobs.

2. Dec 18, 2008 at 5:56 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    It's going on everywhere.....

Although nothing is secure - I consider myself to be in the most secure of the positions where I work. Our department has 'asked' for anyone interested in taking voluntary month-long layoffs. There's been atleast 2 that I know of who took it. In other departments - the layoffs weren't voluntary.

I know I sometimes complain about my job and the work schedule - but damn, I would not wanna have to look for a job in these times. I dunno - but I don't have any faith the new government is gonna relieve the situation. We'll have to wait and see and unfortunately, we're all in the same boat.

3. Dec 18, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    mudduck

mudduck Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.

Member:
    the bluegrass state
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    black painted wheels, tinted windows, sockmonkey decals
    apparantly, talks have resumed today about merging with GM. that could make for some interesting vehicles.

4. Dec 18, 2008 at 9:07 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DblCab LB
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    Just read GM Chryco merger is a no go.
    Now hearing chatter of packaged C 11 for GM and Chrysler. Possibly a forced merger with Chrysler being liquidated in the end. Thats usually what a merger is anyway. One company gets cannabilized.

To Top