1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CIGAR SMOKIN' AND BS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KILLINTIME, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Nov 25, 2017 at 5:04 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Pretty good. Like I said they’re a bit sweeter that the blue wrapper. The only thing I’ve noticed is that they tend to go out about 2/3rds of the way in. :notsure:
    I’ve had the blonde, blonde Belacosa, and Kuba Kuba in the Candella blend. Enjoyed them all.

2. Feb 13, 2018 at 5:35 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    Add something new here....
    Was working out of town for a couple of weeks and when I got home my humidifier was screaming at me. Took me a little to figure out where the beeping was coming from. Not sure how long it was dead for and only know that it was telling me low water...

Taco Addiction likes this.
  3. Feb 13, 2018 at 5:41 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    I currently have the Cigar Oasis Ultra 2.0.
    Nifty little unit that you soak a cartridge for 5 minutes every few weeks or so depending on the climate and such.
    Anyhow. In a panic I threw a couple Boveda pack in and soaked the cartridge for a bit. Still worried I picked up a new cartridge. They come presoaked and are refillable.
    Here is where it gets cool.
    The Cigar Oasis offers a neat little adapter that allows real-tme monitoring and adjusting of the humidifier with low water alerts.
    Of course I got it so in the event that I am not home I can have a friend take care of my collection.

4. Feb 13, 2018 at 5:55 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    Really easy to set up. Heres a couple of screen shots from the app.
    I have just set it up and should see my numbers come back to normal in the next day or so.
    This screen gives you live stats.
    Screenshot_20180213-181332.jpg
    This chart will allow you to track your temps and humidity throughout the months or weeks to give an idea of when to crank it up or down. Screenshot_20180213-185034.jpg

Jiveydude and Taco Addiction like this.
  5. Feb 13, 2018 at 6:07 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    And there it is. An hourly update.
    Screenshot_20180213-190541.jpg

6. Feb 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    That’s really cool but way too advanced for me. :oops:
    I have a small tabletop Humidor that’s not much bigger than a regular cigar box. It could only hold about a dozen and a half total and that’s if it’s packed to the gills.
    For some reason I never got into getting anything larger. Guess I just didn’t want to commit to buying a lot of cigars at once.

7. Feb 13, 2018 at 6:35 PM
    Taco Addiction

Taco Addiction We found Jimmy

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Kings, SCS Wheels and other mall crawling crap
    Very cool!! Man I need that.

I converted a wine fridge into a "fridgeador" for my collection. Temp is easy as you set and forget, but like you, need to watch the distilled water container. It usually sits at 65 degrees and 70% humidity.

upload_2018-2-13_20-34-48.jpg

8. Feb 13, 2018 at 8:56 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    Check out their website. Might be worth the money when your collection becomes more valuable.
    http://www.cigaroasis.com/Products/humidifiers.html

9. Feb 13, 2018 at 9:10 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    I dont have large collection either but I stumbled across some Bihike Cohibas a while ago. They were fairly expensive and at the time were literally 1 of 2 boxes known to have come to Edmonton. They were one of the rarest in the world for a while ( and to my knowledge still are) because they were unable to reproduce the crop to satisfaction.
    I hope to get another 2 years out of them. When I had to trash my other box I decided to upgrade everything.
    They really are the best I have smoked for Cubans.

10. Feb 14, 2018 at 4:47 AM
    Taco Addiction

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Excellent, thanks David! My collection wont get over 150 sticks likely and most are my ACID Blondes/Deep Dishes that @HomerTaco turned me onto. Trying out their entire line of infused cigars now with a sampler, very tasty. I blame Craig for my new addiction...that's in vogue now right...blaming others for your problems? LOL!! ACIDs are just so good...

11. Feb 14, 2018 at 5:03 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    :D

12. Feb 14, 2018 at 7:54 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    I haven’t had many of the DE infused cigars but the Root is an amazing non-infused. It has a little pipe tobacco in it and it gives it an incredible aroma and flavor. Imagine the slight hint of a black and mild but much more subtle and done with great tobacco. All the sudden they’ve blown up and are like $9 a stick though. Don’t know if I can justify that price going forward.

13. Feb 15, 2018 at 3:13 AM
    Taco Addiction

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Oh damn...now I gotta try this. Wowsa, $9 per?

Thanks for the tip man and do try the Acid Blondes. You'll love em if you like the aroma/infused cigars. :thumbsup:

I sense a Group Buy on Roots! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Polymerhead[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Feb 15, 2018 at 7:45 AM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    i don't smoke a lot, but i think the holy father is the last one i had. if so... it was excellent.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  15. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:30 AM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    Lol $9 for a cigar?
    Just about anything worth smoking up here is 20 and up.

16. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    Taco Addiction

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Yeah, but isn't $9CAN something like... :boink: lol j/k

[​IMG]

17. Feb 15, 2018 at 9:23 AM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    Our money is soo pretty. And its see through!

18. Feb 15, 2018 at 9:56 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    I stick to a $5-6 cigar usually. :oops:

19. Feb 15, 2018 at 12:34 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    Your 5 to 10 buck smokes are 20 and up here. Well i guess there is a few decent ones for a lil under 20.
    Your Acids would be in the 20 range here. Probably 18ish

20. Feb 15, 2018 at 1:04 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    :(

To Top