1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cigarette Lighter question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NFK, May 14, 2010.

1. May 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    NFK

NFK [OP] Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    hey guys my question is all my vehicles I have owned in the past the Cigarette Lighter works even when the vehicle is shut off but in my Tacoma it needs to be semi started or to a full start.... why is that, and is there a away I can have it to work when the truck is turned off/..?:confused:

2. May 14, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    KEG'sTACO

KEG'sTACO FJ Cruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    '08 FJ Cruiser
    Leveled, 33" BFG A/Ts, Demello Offroad front flat-top bumper, Demello Offroad rear 3-piece bumper, 17" Liquid Metal Gatlins, Pioneer audio upgrade, custom mounted 10" subwoofer, offroad interior
    Mine works with the truck off... What model do you have?

3. May 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    GSRON

GSRON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR Cement
    Quikfix seat risers and lic plate mount, MESO interior and stage 1 tails, glove box and console dividers, shelf for center console, FACTOR 55 hitch link, TC bed stiffeners, OE bed mat,
    The cig lighter and the aux power port only work with the key in the acc or on position. Can't leave something on and kill the battery that way.

If you want it "hot" all the time snip the wire behind the plugs and run a wire with a 15 amp fuse to the battery.

4. May 14, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    NFK

NFK [OP] Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    i got a 09 trd sport

Products Discussed in

To Top