1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cincinnati Area Thread (Tri-State, Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana)

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by Breezy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Dec 30, 2020 at 1:17 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 12 slightly lifted Tacoma
    Ripped off all four mudflaps. Scratches all down both sides 6112’s up front on 3rd notch 5100’s in back with Toytech 1” block Skids & sliders from SOS Concepts I got rid of the 1” block and put on Wheelers 1 1/2” progressive AAL. SPC UCA. Be sure your standing on the drivers side when reading the instructions! I swapped sides so many times that I can swap UCA’s in 15 minutes. I put in the 3/4” spacer to eliminate the Taco Lean, and just got my 4th alignment. Traded the OEM rims for 17” Sport rims and a bora bora 1” spacer. I got my Firestone 285/70/17 MT2’s. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid and hi-lift jack should be here Friday. Looking at bumpers, but I think they will wait for next year. So far I’m happy with my build. I’ve done it all myself, leading to a lot of cussing and frustration, but it’s all mine.
    Spring hanger bushings? Loose exhaust?

2. Dec 30, 2020 at 1:18 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Ripped off all four mudflaps. Scratches all down both sides 6112’s up front on 3rd notch 5100’s in back with Toytech 1” block Skids & sliders from SOS Concepts I got rid of the 1” block and put on Wheelers 1 1/2” progressive AAL. SPC UCA. Be sure your standing on the drivers side when reading the instructions! I swapped sides so many times that I can swap UCA’s in 15 minutes. I put in the 3/4” spacer to eliminate the Taco Lean, and just got my 4th alignment. Traded the OEM rims for 17” Sport rims and a bora bora 1” spacer. I got my Firestone 285/70/17 MT2’s. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid and hi-lift jack should be here Friday. Looking at bumpers, but I think they will wait for next year. So far I’m happy with my build. I’ve done it all myself, leading to a lot of cussing and frustration, but it’s all mine.
    Merry 2020 Christmas

EdinCincinnati likes this.
  3. Dec 31, 2020 at 10:07 AM
    EdinCincinnati

EdinCincinnati Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR
    Holy crap this right axle nut with a 4 foot piece of pipe breaker bar is kicking my ass right now.

PB blasted it last night. Torch to nut is next.

4. Dec 31, 2020 at 10:47 AM
    09TRDSport4x4

09TRDSport4x4 OCD Approved!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southwest Ohio
    If you’re working on the front, I can relate. I’ve had to remove mine twice now and both times the driver’s side came off without any issues but the passenger side was a bitch...

5. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:31 AM
    EdinCincinnati

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR
    Torch worked. Right side done. Starting left.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

6. Jan 1, 2021 at 10:58 AM
    EdinCincinnati

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR
    Hub bearings changed and test drive completed. Definitely should have done that along time ago. Amazing the lack of noise difference.

now heading home to watch UGA and UC

Go Dawgs!!!

7. Jan 1, 2021 at 5:03 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Happy New Year to all of you, and yours.

8. Jan 2, 2021 at 11:43 AM
    the_black_tacoma

the_black_tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Griffin
    IN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Tacoma SR5 AC
    A couple
    :bananadance:Howdy y’all
    Checking in from SE indiana, right between Cincinnati and Indy.
    8B93FB09-B683-4EAD-9A87-DF5620BA8B16.jpg

9. Jan 2, 2021 at 11:45 AM
    EdinCincinnati

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR
    Beautiful Truck!!! Welcome and Happy New Year!!!

10. Jan 2, 2021 at 11:58 AM
    the_black_tacoma

the_black_tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Griffin
    IN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Tacoma SR5 AC
    A couple
    Thanks :cheers: I’ve been here (this thread) awhile actually, but since the truck has changed so much since my last posting I figured I’d stick its ugly face in here again:duh:

11. Jan 7, 2021 at 4:28 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    How’s 2021 doing y’all?

i have a question. Last time at Rush my brakes got real hot. Since then they haven’t felt right,,,,, mushy until I pump them once and then still don’t feel quite right. Had a shop look at the brakes and they said pads and shoes are 50% or better.
    Anyone else experience this and have a direction to correction?
    (See how I did that poet thing)

Thanks

12. Jan 7, 2021 at 5:34 PM
    09TRDSport4x4

09TRDSport4x4 OCD Approved!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southwest Ohio
    Could be a few different things. For starters, I’d do a full brake fluid flush and bleed. Could upgrade to front/rear stainless lines while you’re at it. It’s possible you have some water buildup in your brake fluid and/or the fluid is starting to breakdown (excessive heat can do that). Also might be worth doing an abs bleed using techstream too. It’s an interesting procedure and not really required but at least you know you’re getting any and all air out of the system if you do it.

@EdinCincinnati and I had a hell of a time getting all the air out my my brake lines after we did my T4R caliper upgrade and I’d highly recommend installing speed bleeders if you’re going to flush/bleed them yourself.

As for the pads/shoes, I don’t know if I’d mess with the shoes if they have that much life left, but having the drums adjusted could help. I’ve read a lot about improperly adjusted drums being one of the causes of a “softer” pedal. Front pads aren’t that expensive and I’m a big fan of replacing the rotors versus having them turned. You can also check your stock calipers while you’re at it. They’re known for sticky pistons (that’s why mine got replaced in the first place).

13. Jan 8, 2021 at 6:38 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Ok thanks.

14. Jan 8, 2021 at 10:12 AM
    Caboose117

Caboose117 foul mouthed Marine

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    ;IGY6 Rescue Truck
    smashed this, broke that, covered it up with tape and paint
    If you roasted the brakes you likely roasted the brake fluid too

I agree with above^ flush and refill and then check if your problem persist

15. Jan 13, 2021 at 10:58 AM
    Jllahman

Jllahman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Northern Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 Rugged Trail
    Anyone happen to have an OEM hitch in good condition for sale? Also a skid plate? The one under the engine. THANKS!

16. Jan 14, 2021 at 2:03 AM
    ogg

ogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Supercharged with 2.85 pulley King ext travel with resi's Total Chaos Uppers All Pro Expo leafs Fox 2.0 with resi's rear Level 8 wheels 285/75r16 Mickey Thompson ATZ Prinsu rack SOS sliders, front and rear bumpers, skids
    I have the oem skid plate from a 15 trd offroad

17. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:39 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
  18. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:40 AM
    Jllahman

Jllahman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Northern Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 Rugged Trail
    Where are you located? Good condition?

19. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:51 AM
    NKYTaco

NKYTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    South Eastern Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM TRD Pinstripe Edition
  20. Jan 14, 2021 at 6:26 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I’ll check it out. What’s in Milan?

Products Discussed in

To Top