1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cincinnati Area Thread (Tri-State, Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana)

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by Breezy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Jun 29, 2020 at 7:26 AM
    dirty deeds

dirty deeds Big Blue Nation!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Eastern KY
    Vehicle:
    '14 Wht AC SR, 2.7, MT, Baja wheels
    PlastiDip front emblem, twine, and Scotch tape
    Nah, Krawlers is still their own thing. Just a very slow pace on their forum and FB page.

Either way, I don't have a "local" club to join and it kinda sucks. I have zero intention of driving 2-3 hours on a working weekday to make it to a meeting once a year, not to mention that I'd have to burn a vacay day to get there on time. I know it's just one day a year minimum, but I'd contribute more than that, too.

2. Jun 29, 2020 at 7:43 AM
    rdpoe

rdpoe #2WDFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCLB (Sold), Honda Civic TRD PRO
    KYTLCA is certainly very structured. They are a relatively new organization, only been around a little over a year. Obviously the TLCA has been around longer.

They have a lot of initiatives set up gearing toward stewardship of the DBBB and greater RRG and Daniel Boone National Forest area.

To my knowledge, no requirements as far as attending meetings. I mean, if you're paying to join and support an organization you're going to want to participate in rides, right?

They do a monthly call on Wednesday evenings at 9:00. Typically lasts an hour and is open to all members.

The events are pretty well organized. Predetermined routes for each day, split out by difficulty and lead by a competent trail leader.

Good company around the fire in the evenings and often plenty of shenanigans as the night drags on.

There are lots of LC80s in the group but they are open to all 4x4 Toyotas. You'll see all gens of Tacos, 4Runners, Cruisers, FJ Cruisers

Bandido[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jun 30, 2020 at 8:02 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 12 slightly lifted Tacoma
    Ripped off all four mudflaps. Scratches all down both sides 6112’s up front on 3rd notch 5100’s in back with Toytech 1” block Skids & sliders from SOS Concepts I got rid of the 1” block and put on Wheelers 1 1/2” progressive AAL. SPC UCA. Be sure your standing on the drivers side when reading the instructions! I swapped sides so many times that I can swap UCA’s in 15 minutes. I put in the 3/4” spacer to eliminate the Taco Lean, and just got my 4th alignment. Traded the OEM rims for 17” Sport rims and a bora bora 1” spacer. I got my Firestone 285/70/17 MT2’s. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid and hi-lift jack should be here Friday. Looking at bumpers, but I think they will wait for next year. So far I’m happy with my build. I’ve done it all myself, leading to a lot of cussing and frustration, but it’s all mine.
    F6D1BE96-B52B-4136-86C8-11957BFBD903.jpg FF5C4E7C-E5CE-4BC2-BD17-542D5E6E93DB.jpg 2/11/19 my little girl passed away on her 11th birthday and I built this memorial for her. Not Toyota stuff, but I think the float was a killer idea.

4. Jun 30, 2020 at 8:03 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Ripped off all four mudflaps. Scratches all down both sides 6112’s up front on 3rd notch 5100’s in back with Toytech 1” block Skids & sliders from SOS Concepts I got rid of the 1” block and put on Wheelers 1 1/2” progressive AAL. SPC UCA. Be sure your standing on the drivers side when reading the instructions! I swapped sides so many times that I can swap UCA’s in 15 minutes. I put in the 3/4” spacer to eliminate the Taco Lean, and just got my 4th alignment. Traded the OEM rims for 17” Sport rims and a bora bora 1” spacer. I got my Firestone 285/70/17 MT2’s. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid and hi-lift jack should be here Friday. Looking at bumpers, but I think they will wait for next year. So far I’m happy with my build. I’ve done it all myself, leading to a lot of cussing and frustration, but it’s all mine.
  5. Jun 30, 2020 at 8:10 AM
    iwashmycar

iwashmycar a lot

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ 4x4 AT
    33's | 3" | skids | rails | dent | CB | lights | dingus
    Thats beautiful mang! Great tribute

TRDZILA likes this.
  6. Jun 30, 2020 at 8:24 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    D297DBBA-9CC7-46FA-B11B-FBEB11C6BAB0.jpg Somewhere to set,,,,
    I said it wasn’t Toyota related, but I put heavy springs and rite hite spring helpers so I could carry a ton of rock,,,, seven times!

7. Jun 30, 2020 at 8:31 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Wood for 10x12 deck plus 70ish retaining wall block.

8784689E-5CA9-4C5C-BFF2-9E566EE51874.jpg

8. Jun 30, 2020 at 6:32 PM
    Summers_Kytaco_19

Summers_Kytaco_19 “I did that in 2wd” rdpoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Independence, KY
    Vehicle:
    19 trd OR tacoma
    #squatted

9. Jun 30, 2020 at 6:57 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    If I hadn’t been afraid of ripping the box off I probably could’ve popped a wheelie.

10. Jul 2, 2020 at 4:06 AM
    Keaton1717

Keaton1717 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keaton
    Moscow, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCLB Cement Taco
    Just wondering if anybody could build some 2020 TRD Offroad headlights near the Cincy area?

11. Jul 6, 2020 at 9:03 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I seen a post here someone said something about burning out lower control arm bushings and I’m assuming that involved a cutting torch.

Is that a common way to remove them?

The shop says they’re having to cut mine out is why I’m asking.
    M thanks

My Name is Rahl likes this.
  12. Jul 7, 2020 at 4:51 AM
    My Name is Rahl

My Name is Rahl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yup. Unless they are using a die grinder to cut them out, but a Hillbilly Hot Wrench is quicker.

TRDZILA[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Jul 7, 2020 at 5:27 AM
    iwashmycar

iwashmycar a lot

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ 4x4 AT
    Yeah its almost easier to just replace the whole arm these days, but at least with bushing replacement you have the OEM metal still.

TRDZILA and My Name is Rahl like this.
  14. Jul 7, 2020 at 8:06 AM
    09TRDSport4x4

09TRDSport4x4 OCD Approved!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southwest Ohio
    I have my OEM LCAs in boxes in my garage. The shop had to cut the cam bolts out with a plasma cutter and melted the rubber pretty good in some spots. And that was just to remove them from the truck so they could install Moog replacements...

One of these days I plan to burn the rest of the OEM bushings out, clean em up and paint them, install new ball joints and white line bushings, then slap them back in the truck. Hopefully the Moogs last long enough for me to get around to that...

15. Jul 7, 2020 at 8:29 AM
    iwashmycar

iwashmycar a lot

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ 4x4 AT
    Should. I threw in those "A1 Auto" LCAs a while ago. They were like $77 per PAIR. They have been just fine on and offroad. I check them often since they were so cheap, but they seem same as OEM were.

TRDZILA likes this.
  16. Jul 7, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    JohnnyRed

JohnnyRed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northern Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCLB TRD Sport
    I attempted to replace my bushings, but after a 20 ton bottle jack made no progress on them I quickly bought moog ones for cheap and saved myself a ton of sweat & time.

17. Jul 7, 2020 at 4:10 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. I went with the Whitelines as well. When I bent the tie rod we hooked a winch to it trying to straighten it up enough to get home. It didn’t straighten but something made a loud pop, and now the shop is saying that my steering wheel is at one o’clock because something is wrong with the rack and pinion.

18. Jul 8, 2020 at 8:03 AM
    dirty deeds

dirty deeds Big Blue Nation!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Eastern KY
    Vehicle:
    '14 Wht AC SR, 2.7, MT, Baja wheels
    PlastiDip front emblem, twine, and Scotch tape
    Any interest in a Power Trax No-Slip locker? Needs one active spacer and spring/pin kit. Cheap price.

19. Jul 8, 2020 at 9:38 AM
    beertimecontinuum

beertimecontinuum What's outside the simulation?

Member:
    First Name:
    Everett
    Ky,Earth,SolarSystem,MilkyWay,VirgoSupercluster
    Vehicle:
    10 Pyrite DCSB VEEEEEE 1.618
    FoxShox, Dirt King Heims, Chevy63s, 2UZ-FE V8 Flowmaster 40, Demello Front/DYF Rear w/Swigouts, BAMF sliders, DYFAF
    Love mine!!

dirty deeds[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jul 9, 2020 at 5:25 AM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    TRDZILA drives great. Except for the steering wheel not being centered which I’m trying to fool myself into thinking that it’s not going to bug the crap out of me,,,,,
    I think I have a howling wheel bearing, but the 700lb springs gave me the feel I wanted. It did lift it more than I expected so I’ve got to add the extra OME lead in the back, which will lead to me going back to 33’s, which is going to force me to go to a 433 or 456 gear ratio.

It never ends.

Anyone know which TW member sells kickass wheel bearings?

Products Discussed in

To Top