1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cincinnati Area Thread (Tri-State, Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana)

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by Breezy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Sep 28, 2020 at 6:47 AM
    Summers_Kytaco_19

Summers_Kytaco_19 “I did that in 2wd” rdpoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Independence, KY
    Vehicle:
    19 trd OR tacoma
    @rdpoe happy to see you got the license plate straightened out lol

My Name is Rahl likes this.
  2. Sep 28, 2020 at 2:26 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 12 slightly lifted Tacoma
    Ripped off all four mudflaps. Scratches all down both sides 6112’s up front on 3rd notch 5100’s in back with Toytech 1” block Skids & sliders from SOS Concepts I got rid of the 1” block and put on Wheelers 1 1/2” progressive AAL. SPC UCA. Be sure your standing on the drivers side when reading the instructions! I swapped sides so many times that I can swap UCA’s in 15 minutes. I put in the 3/4” spacer to eliminate the Taco Lean, and just got my 4th alignment. Traded the OEM rims for 17” Sport rims and a bora bora 1” spacer. I got my Firestone 285/70/17 MT2’s. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid and hi-lift jack should be here Friday. Looking at bumpers, but I think they will wait for next year. So far I’m happy with my build. I’ve done it all myself, leading to a lot of cussing and frustration, but it’s all mine.
    Hey y’all

Still fighting with my damn alignment

That is all

Venting completed

dirty deeds and My Name is Rahl like this.
  3. Sep 28, 2020 at 3:44 PM
    rdpoe

rdpoe #2WDFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCLB (Sold), Honda Civic TRD PRO
    Oh yeah, fixed that right up....

4. Sep 28, 2020 at 5:09 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Ripped off all four mudflaps. Scratches all down both sides 6112’s up front on 3rd notch 5100’s in back with Toytech 1” block Skids & sliders from SOS Concepts I got rid of the 1” block and put on Wheelers 1 1/2” progressive AAL. SPC UCA. Be sure your standing on the drivers side when reading the instructions! I swapped sides so many times that I can swap UCA’s in 15 minutes. I put in the 3/4” spacer to eliminate the Taco Lean, and just got my 4th alignment. Traded the OEM rims for 17” Sport rims and a bora bora 1” spacer. I got my Firestone 285/70/17 MT2’s. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid and hi-lift jack should be here Friday. Looking at bumpers, but I think they will wait for next year. So far I’m happy with my build. I’ve done it all myself, leading to a lot of cussing and frustration, but it’s all mine.
    Venting helped!
    Thank y’all for the support group. Alignment’s taken care of and fingers are crossed for some goat armor for Christmas because I had damn near all the pin striping buffed out,,,,, just in case I end up at Rush again next year.

5. Sep 29, 2020 at 4:44 AM
    Summers_Kytaco_19

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Independence, KY
    Vehicle:
    19 trd OR tacoma
    It’s well worth the money in my opinion. It really saved my ass. I got a couple in places that the goat armor doesn’t cover, but overall it really helped

TRDZILA[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Sep 30, 2020 at 9:11 AM
    JohnnyRed

JohnnyRed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northern Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCLB TRD Sport
    Ok dudes, I need some input. My truck is eating wheel bearings. Currently getting 2k-7k per bearing.

Dec 2018, 151k miles. Replaced both front wheel bearings with Beck Arnley (from rock auto, the bearing was already pressed on the hub).
    May 2020, 158k miles. Replaced passenger wheel bearing with Beck Arnley again.
    Today, 160k miles. Passenger bearing is bad again!
    :annoyed:

Each time I've replaced the hub/wheel seals and been very particular about torque specs. Last time I know I was spot on because I rented a bigger torque wrench to make sure it was dead on.

I don't wheel that often/hard. The rock I tried to climb at rush was probably the hardest I've pushed my truck ever. I don't put many miles on it, and only drive about once a week because I have a different daily driver......what the heck is happening? Am I doing something wrong in the install? Could my spindle be messing up the bearing somehow? Is Beck Arnley not the quality brand that I thought it was? Any advise?

I know spacers & 33s contribute to bearing failure....but 2k miles out of this most recent one is insane!?! It's also strange that the driver is still OK, given the passenger only lasted 7k and 2k miles.

7. Sep 30, 2020 at 10:26 AM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide COO COO KACHOO

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Here and there. Sometimes.
    Vehicle:
    01 T4R
    Head unit. That's it.

We used to have a guy on here from Alabama that sold better built hubs, ready to go... His screen name was Bamatoy1997.

He isnt on here anymore, but the last I heard (a while ago) was that he still made em....I'm sorry I'm not more help.

If it were me though, I'd look to the aftermarket to find a better part. Or, you could put in manual hubs.

8. Sep 30, 2020 at 11:11 AM
    JohnnyRed

JohnnyRed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northern Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCLB TRD Sport
    Yeah, there's a guy that assembles them on here that has a pretty good following.

Given that I've gone through 2 (of what I thought was a premium brand) in 8k miles, I feel like there's a slim chance of me getting 2 defective bearings. So I'm concerned there may be something else wrong, or I somehow missed a step in the install process.

9. Oct 1, 2020 at 5:14 AM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide COO COO KACHOO

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Vehicle:
    01 T4R
    Head unit. That's it.
    What is everyone's work schedule or vacation schedule for the week of the 4th of July?

Every year, we host a pool party/camp out for the 4th. I've contemplated taking the entire week off each year, but never have because I typically utilize the weekend and a vacation day or two if needed.

But the more I think about it, many places are closed for the 4th. Manufacturing facilities are sometimes shut down for a week or two.

I also understand that people travel to family on the 4th. So, if this wont work, there wont be any butthurt. Just wanted to kick this date around and see how it would work for everyone. I'm guessing there wont be a date that works for us all at the same time, so I guess we should figure out a date that works for the most people.

Here is my thought: If I take the whole week off, then we could schedule the WAT, not to be confuse with WAP, although I'm not opposed to WAP being at the WAT...for "motivational" purposes. (The wife might disagree....maybe....)

For instance, if someone always travels for a family gathering for the 4th, we could schedule around that, for the WAT.

[​IMG]

So, let me know how that week works for you all. If it works, I'll take the whole week off and thoroughly hinder the function of my liver.

Also, if you guys wanna stick around for the 4th of July extravaganza, you'd be more than welcome. We camp out, pretty much the entire time. Pretty big fire pit, metric shit tons of firewood.

We are out in the country just enough to be able to pee anywhere we want....hahahahaha.

WARNING: We share this property with my MIL. This is NOT ideal, personally, but it works out pretty great for finances. HAHAHA. She can be a bit of a twat waffle, but she'll probably stay away for the most part. She drinks. A lot. So she stays pretty confused.

Out of respect, I'd want to be able to tell her about how many would be coming, what all will be happening and basically just keep her informed.

If anyone else wants to toss out dates that potentially work, please post them up so we can chat about them.

dirty deeds, TRDZILA, rdpoe and 2 others like this.
  10. Oct 1, 2020 at 6:34 AM
    My Name is Rahl

My Name is Rahl Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would be down for the WAT if I knew what WAT stands for?

11. Oct 1, 2020 at 6:52 AM
    Keaton1717

Keaton1717 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keaton
    Moscow, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCLB Cement Taco

Me and the ole lady would be down.

12. Oct 1, 2020 at 6:56 AM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide COO COO KACHOO

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Vehicle:
    01 T4R
    Head unit. That's it.

Wrench
    A
    Thon

Wrench-A-Thon.

We all get together and knock out projects by utilizing the knowledge and experience of the group collectively. Very efficient way of getting mods/projects done together.

13. Oct 1, 2020 at 6:57 AM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide COO COO KACHOO

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Vehicle:
    01 T4R
    Head unit. That's it.
    Typically involves copious amounts of....well, whatever.

Laughs
    dranks
    good times
    sick burns
    mods

NO A1 sauce. Ever.

TRDZILA and My Name is Rahl like this.
  14. Oct 1, 2020 at 7:41 AM
    My Name is Rahl

Member:
    Coo. Would it be a family friendly event?

15. Oct 1, 2020 at 7:54 AM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide COO COO KACHOO

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Vehicle:
    01 T4R
    Head unit. That's it.

Yes. I have a family and while I expect a certain amount of shenanigans, I also expect proper behavior around children.

WARNING: My son, Sam will be under our feet, wanting to help and learn. He is relentless. He's heard his fair share of bad words, hell he has even proudly exclaimed a few of them.

But, we have a pretty large farm and the kids are more than welcome to swim. Adult supervision is obviously available if needed.

Guys, I'm telling ya, there is plenty of space for setting up a camp. I have a large firepit (that needs a little love next spring anyway..) that is just 30 yards from the pool. The pool has a shed with electric and a couple fridges.

There is a brand new, often cleaned port-a-potty by the pool as well for restrooms.

We have 4 dogs as of right now, couple goats, chickens, and a barn cat. (Pretty kid friendly...and hilarious)

Not sure we are very dog friendly, as our dogs are trained to protect the farm and dont have an easy time making other dog friends.

Wives are welcome, although I'm not sure there is much to entertain them.

If you have some special herbs you like to inhale, there are areas and places for that to happen as well. BYOW.

If you dont like to partoke, that is perfectly fine. We typically find a little nook or cranny on the farm and steal away a few puffs until the kids fall asleep around the fire. Then we toss em in the teepee and put on some Bob Marley or Sturgill Simpson.

We coo man. We coo.

16. Oct 1, 2020 at 8:30 AM
    rdpoe

rdpoe #2WDFTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCLB (Sold), Honda Civic TRD PRO
    Sub-a-dub-dub

17. Oct 1, 2020 at 8:36 AM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide COO COO KACHOO

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Vehicle:
    01 T4R
    Head unit. That's it.
    I may start a new thread, just for WAT's.

and a new PM for WAP's....

18. Oct 1, 2020 at 3:00 PM
    My Name is Rahl

Member:
    In and subbed!
    In!

19. Oct 1, 2020 at 3:34 PM
    Summers_Kytaco_19

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Independence, KY
    Vehicle:
    19 trd OR tacoma
    Be careful mentioning you have goats. Some people might take advantage of them after a couple beers...

20. Oct 1, 2020 at 9:41 PM
    TRDZILA

TRDZILA MPS SUX

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian “”Keith””
    Kokomo Indiana
    Vehicle:
    It’s been three years since I started putting crap on my pickup and for the first time I have no wibbles, wobbles or strange noises and my ass end feels as solid as my front end. I added the hd leaf, took out one of the thick leafs from the bottom and put my spring helpers back on and have them at 10 psi. I slathered lithium grease on all the leafs because the squeaking was making me bat-shit crazy. It feels well balanced and drives great.
    If there’s room, the WAT/goat chasing messy sounds like a good time.

Products Discussed in

To Top