1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clanging Noise in front drivers side

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacomaGus, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Feb 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    Since i got my bushings place and alignment done by the dealership i have developed a clanging noise when i hit a bump. It def sounds like metal hitting metal and its only on the front left, i can hit a bump with the front right and nothing will happen, but it can be a slight bump and the terrible clang noise will happen.

Ideas? My truck seriously feels like its falling apart so i may just have to deal with the endless balance, shudders, and overall shitty quality of the chasis until i have money in 5 years

2. Feb 13, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail
    LED light swap, TRD wheels, KO2s, C4Fab lo-pro
    If it started happening AFTER you had the delearship preform the service.....get in your truck and drive to the dealership and have them make it right.

.....And dont leave until its fixed.

3. Feb 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    yea i send them an angry email, so hopefully it can be fixed this week

4. Feb 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Hmm that sounds odd.. Maybe they forgot to put the bushing back in...:rofl:

5. Feb 14, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    its possible lol. But i think its more likely they didn't properly torque one of the control arms when doing the alignment. If thats the case i'm going to lose my mind in regards to the safety issues that cause and they will obviously have to redo my alignment

Products Discussed in

To Top