1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cleaning throttle body question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JoltinJacket, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sep 22, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    JoltinJacket

JoltinJacket [OP] Member

Member:
    Atlanta, Ga
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    I've got an '07 V6 Pre-Runner and just passed 30,000 miles, so I'm finishing up my 30k preventative maintenance. I tried reviewing the steps to cleaning the throttle body, but the pics on the 'Complete 30k maintenance' thread aren't matching up to my engine...

[​IMG]

Here's what I've done so far. I've unplugged the wiring clip in front of the throttle body and pulled loose the small hose directly to the left. When I loosened the large hose clamp, I couldn't get that "housing" to budge at all. I didn't want to force anything loose on the first try.

Any pointers based on the given information/pictures? If you need more information, let me know.

2. Sep 22, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    after you loosen the big clamp on the tb....pull that front breather hose completely out, then pull the hose off the tb..........its gonna be on there good, but it will come off.

To Top