1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cleaning under the hood

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by SupremeDeluxe, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SupremeDeluxe

SupremeDeluxe [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Coma
    Every spring season, the pollen becomes a nuisance to the city I live in. I just opened the hood of my truck and it is filthy. I want it to look new again.

My question is, is it okay to high pressure wash the engine under the hood? I used to drive a Celica with a Cold Air Intake and I ended up hydrolocking the engine which concerns me about spraying the dirt off the engine with high pressure water. I would like to clean the outside of my engine really soon but thought I should ask if anything under the hood can get damage from the high pressure washer. Thanks.

2. MOT

MOT Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 MOT DB DC 4X4 Sr5
    Black Housing Head,H.I.D 10k headlights, 3k Foglights, T-Rex #2 Eyelids Lights, Blacked Out Tails Lights, 5% Tint all around, Tinted Windshield, Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 Inch Lift, K&N Intake,Avidoffroad Light Bar
    Simple green+pressure wash+let dry+CD-2 eng cleaner= Like new!

I spay my eng all the time no problems just be careful around the
    intake and you should be good!

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Simple green and garden hose. I have used high pressure and never had a problem just watch where you spray and how close you get.

4. ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    x2

5. afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I've heard others say they spray with the engine running but I wouldn't do it while the engine is hot. Hot engine + cold water can equal a cracked head or block

6. little red

little red Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central GA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Been cleaning my engine compartment for years with greased lighting and a light mist from a hose. After it dries I apply a product from Gunk called Acra Seal which is a plastic spray and ignition sealer. Spray all the rubber and plastic parts and it will look like the day it was first sold. (just don't spray the drive belt or it may squeak)

7. pootermobile

pootermobile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL cab 4WD V6 6-speed Debadged
    De-Flapped, All-Weather Floor Mats, Blue LED dome light, De-badged, BMW shift knob, 8K HIDs in headlights and fogs, Fog light relay MOD, 3" Coil-spring spacers, 1.5" rear blocks, 17" ProComp 7033s, 285/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Ebay 7" touch screen head unit, TEKstyle snap button tonneau cover
    engine degreaser, simple green, and a pressure washer works everytime.

To Top