1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Climate Control Issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Twiostaco, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    Twiostaco

Twiostaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    Ok first post.....

My climate control is having issues, I would say about 75% of the time AC and Heater only works on High. All of the other settings yield no blower. Also the lights to all 3 dials are not working (i tapped the console and they worked for a few minutes). Anybody have some ideas as to how to get this fixed? I think I have something loose but done wanna just tear into it.

Thanks!

2. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | Access Roll-up Tonneau Cover, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat ---------------------------- | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber) Audio: Alpine CDA-117, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
  3. Jul 12, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    If the dial lighting worked when you tapped on it you need to remove the Control head and replace the bulbs in the back of it. They are held in by little plastic holders that can be removed with a small flathead screwdriver. They are only available from the stealership.

Your blower motor problem sounds like the resistor is bad. But based on what I've read on here you should replace the resistor & blower motor together, cause when the motor starts to go bad it blows out the resistor.

4. Jul 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    Twiostaco

Twiostaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    Great Link THANKS!!

I bought the car with 41,000 miles from a small dealership 2 weeks ago. I didnt notice the blower problem until a few days ago.... I dont think it is still under warrany? I am calling the dealership tomorrow but feel they will give me a hardtime. I noticed the rear TSB is not done either but I'm positive I'm to late for that one. Loaded up my camping gear and some friends and was bottoming out on bumps.

The wierd thing is it works then it stops then it will work again keeps going in and out... i'm thinking something has gotta be loose.

5. Jul 13, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Sounds like a blown bulb and the spring in the mode selector needs some grease. See my post in the other thread.

To Top