1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CLOSED(unknown figment issues finally resolved)

Discussion in 'Closed Group Buys' started by TacoPretzel89, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Nov 27, 2016 at 11:13 AM
    TacoPretzel89

TacoPretzel89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma
  2. Nov 27, 2016 at 11:19 AM
    TacoPretzel89

TacoPretzel89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma
    Yes, they actually suggested I use such a method but I do not want such responsibility and I also knew that it would not go over well.

This is a public forum and I have already ran a GroupBuy for BruteForce which was successful in my opinion. I do not think restrictions on who runs GBs or who starts threads should be done, as long as the money goes to a manufacturer not a person. I believe that would be against the whole idea of a public forum Group Buy section.

3. Nov 27, 2016 at 3:40 PM
    SUMOTNK

SUMOTNK Pavement Pounder / Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    NorCal/South Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Looks like a Gen2.5 TRD Sport, but really an '08 TRD OffRoad
    TRD Supercharged / OTT Tuned
    (I understand this thread is closed. Just trying to document and share some knowledge.)

I have the jungle flares fenders on my truck which are running 35s.....I've posted my opinion of their quality plenty of times. I've c&p'ed my response to a recent PM that someone had asked me about them.

.......I do have the jungle flares on my dcsb. Product is made and shipped from thailand. Box came damaged but luckily the parts were not. One of the edges of a flare was scratched up.

The flares are wider than stock but I didn't measure precisely. Visually you can just tell. Fitment wise....they are a nightmare. There were no mounting tabs on the back of them. So no clips to secure them. It will take a good body guy to secure the flares onto the fenders.

If I were to use them again... I would try to glue or use adhesive to secure the jungle flare onto the stock flare. That way you can secure it like a stock flare with the tabs and clips. not the best look IMO.

Would I use them again? No because the new McNeil fiberglass fender that is stock looking but wider....that's the way to go. But these JFs are waaaay better looking than the bushwackers...and a tad wider too. I'm not LT but these JF flares clears my 35s with my lift and widened track.

Products Discussed in

To Top