1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch bleeding pics ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by george3, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Jan 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    george3

george3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I'm bleeding my brakes and I understand the brake fluid also powers the clutch. Would someone be kind enough to post a link to pics of the bleeder for the clutch. I'm not sure where to look. Thanks for any help.

2. Jan 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    Look for "Clutch Master Cylinder", "Clutch Accumulator Removal, Installation" and/or "Clutch Release Cylinder" that's appropriate for your transmission. It will help you identify all the components and location for the hydraulic clutch.

It uses "brake fluid" but I doubt very seriously from the same reservoir and lines as the brakes, for safety reasons if nothing else.

3. Jan 1, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    It is the same reservoir as the brakes. Bleeding the clutch is similar to bleeding the brakes. You can probably do it by pumping/holding the clutch, but I use a vacuume bleeder so I can't help out with the manual approach.

Sorry I can't provide a pic, but the bleeder looks just like a brake plug/fitting. It is located on a pressure booster connected to the transmission on the driver's side. You can miss it, the booster cylinder is ~6 inches long and obviously has a brake bleeder valve/fitting, likely with a protective rubber cap over it.

Note: mine was pretty rusty, so I'd recommend spraying some WD-40 or PB Blaster just to make sure you don't break the fitting and have a real problem on your hands.

BassAckwards likes this.
  4. Jan 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    george3

george3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Thanks guys. I have 2.7 stick 4X4, same as Larry, so if Stevie Wonder can find it I will. Mine look clean but I'll shoot um with juice. Better safe then f'd. Thanks again.

Products Discussed in

To Top