1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch Noise?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DdayIsNear, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    So when i press the clutch and it is coming back the the "up " position....i hear a spring noise...if that makes sense, only in about the last 2 inches of clutch travel, anyone else knwo what i mean or experience that?

2. Jun 24, 2009 at 1:14 AM
    Celtic

Celtic Tactical Trunk Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    McKinleyville, CA
    Vehicle:
    In the market for V6, 6MT 4X4
    Sold my 2006 V6 6MT AC Offroad like an idiot.
    I think I have had a simular problem, but mine would squeek really badly especially when it was hot outside. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the whole clutch pedal assembly, due to a part update. Hope that might help.

~Nick

3. Jun 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    My clutch is doing the same thing, squeeks when I let it out, but only when the weather is hot. In the mornings no problem,when I come out after work the squeek is there. I will be making a trip to the dealer. Thanks Celtic.

4. Jun 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    t.robert

t.robert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 4x4 Off-Road Package
    TSB in rear, 5100 in front, Limo tint all the way around, 50% tint on windshield, Grillcraft grille, 4 Hella 500 lights mounted behind grille, XDI intake, URD short shifter
    I had this same exact problem, I didn't notice a difference in the weather but then again I live in Arizona so its always hot.

All I did was put some wd-40 on the spring then pumped it a few times then put some more on. At first I didn't think it helped but after a day the WD got in there and now I no longer hear the creaking

5. Jun 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    Celtic

Celtic Tactical Trunk Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    McKinleyville, CA
    Vehicle:
    In the market for V6, 6MT 4X4
    Sold my 2006 V6 6MT AC Offroad like an idiot.
    No problem. I was really surprised when I first got my truck that the clutch pedal was made from plastic. But I can tell from the new one they changed the design slightly. So if it starts squeeking again I'd take it in.

Products Discussed in

To Top