1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch pedal problems...15k miles!

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by bradshawnh, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Feb 11, 2019 at 8:08 AM
    Tacoma1818

Tacoma1818 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Isn’t engagement close to the floor a good thing? My civic would engage almost immediately from the floor. Some hoop ties I’ve driven won’t engage till near the top. I thought floor engagement was a good thing and meant things weren’t work out too much

2. Feb 11, 2019 at 8:13 AM
    Arries289

Arries289 Yo!

Member:
    Franklin TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRDOR DCSB BBP 6MT Tech & Prem
    This is a new truck? You need to put some miles on it. My clutch had a bad feel when new but it got much better with miles.

3. Feb 11, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    chaotic_taco

chaotic_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR MT
    When I had my TSB work done, the first time I picked it up the pedal had very little resistance and the pedal feel was terrible. I took it back and asked the service adviser if there was any adjustment, he said no, but I left it for them to finish a couple other things. Got the truck back later and they had done something to fix / adjust the pedal feel. Possibly bled the system.

Another consideration with the TSB is that the clutch pedal start switch sometimes doesn't engage, and I'll have to press the pedal further into the floor. I didn't have that problem prior to the TSB, and I think it's also adjustable, but I haven't bothered to take it back.

Products Discussed in

To Top