1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch Pedal Rubbing Wiring Harness

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by TacoEngineering, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Dec 2, 2016 at 5:15 PM
    TacoEngineering

TacoEngineering [OP] Trust Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Lake Hiawatha, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR 6MT
    My clutch pedal started to make some noise on my way home from work today, which from what I read here on TW, is a common problem. Not a big deal, mechanical linkage moves, it makes noise sometimes, whatever.

What I noticed when I took a look under the dash at where the noise was coming from was that one of the wiring harnesses was being rubbed by the clutch pedal every time it was depressed and released. I did a search and came up with nothing for this issue. See the video below on what was happening. Never mind the loud rustling noise. That is from my winter jacket and not from the pedal rubbing the harness. That makes no noise whatsoever.

https://youtu.be/9TQqkN6mfo0

Some of the harness jacket was starting to fray, and my truck only has 1850 miles on it.

This was a super easy fix...one zip tie and some manipulation of the wires and the harness was free and clear of the clutch pedal. Below is a video after the fix. Same thing with the rustling noise. My jacket pisses me off sometimes with how loud it is.

https://youtu.be/CFckPBouIJw

I am seriously hoping that this is not a common issue, but I thought it was worth sharing. It takes no tools to check for except for a flash light, just takes a few seconds to look under the dash. It is worth a look!

TroutBum and Treeoctopus like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top