1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CNN Bias reporting of Chicago Tea Party - Reporter verbally assaults protestors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Packman73, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Apr 17, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
  2. Apr 17, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
  3. Apr 17, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit
    I especially like Anderson "Gay ***" Cooper's "tea bagging" comment...

You know what bitch? Ill tea bag you while your wife sucks my cock you inept son of a bitch!

ahhhh.. I feel better now

4. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    SilverSeven

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
  5. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    trtripoli

trtripoli lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling
    I'm in the middle of the road, but why do all the hard core conservatives have to use so many explicative’s to get there point across? I think Obama's got problems but he's picking up the mess that was made the previous 8 years. Don't put idiots in office if you want to keep it. Some how I don't feel like having these small rallies is ever going to change anything. We need back to the days of Reagan when you just had someone in office rather than someone trying to rule the country/world.

6. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
  7. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    1. What expletives are you referring to?
    2. You mean the pervious 16 years I'm sure.
    3. Rallies get peoples attention.
    4. Not sure what you mean there. Reagan led the free world for 8 years.

8. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Yup- I was wondering what today's Post would be. Leseee... Monday was all about Pizzas, Yesterday was about covering religious symbols, and today is about CNN and how biased they are.

Like I said- CNN is a liberal network. FOX is a conservative network. So should there be any surprises here at all? Bot networks are totally biased and designed for different viewers. Should it be this way? No. But you're not really making a point of posting something that CNN is biased. We already know that. So it Fox.

9. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    The difference is, Fox will call BS on conservatives as easily as they do on liberals. Fair and Balanced isn't just a catch phrase.

10. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    brianr

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    x2

exactly.

11. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    Like ass they do. Fox is a totally Conservative network. Simple. CNN is a Liberal network. Simple. That's the reason I personally don't listen to either. If you want to watch news that's worth more than a steaming pile of shit, watch BBC or some other foreign news agency because I swear to god most of the news on US networks is made to be palatable for 6th graders.

"Fair and balanced"....:rofl:

12. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    brianr

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

horseshit.

Ive seen O'Reilly rip into other censervatives jut as much as he rips into bleeding heart left wing liberals.

13. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    trtripoli

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling

1. "I especially like Anderson "Gay ***" Cooper's "tea bagging" comment... "
    2. If your going to go 16, you might as well go 24, can’t for get Senior.
    3. Rallies try to push your opinion on someone. You end up with unintelligent people like Mr. "he's a fascist because he is" trying to express opinons of otherwise intelligent people who have a legitimate point that have better things to do than attend a rally.
    4. Reagan didn’t start a war. His office put an end to a pretty major one though.

14. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    horseshit or not, neither network does a very good job of reporting news. I'd say they're maybe a few notches above TMZ or some of the other nightly celebrity shows. Then again, the fact that a lot of Americans get their "news" from Time magazine sort of makes it less amazing that people watch these networks. The reason such news channels work is because most people have limited attention spans, thus the news is gutted and generalized to be made more digestible. The news is made more into sensationalized entertainment rather than actual news per say.

The only time I "watch" these networks is maybe when I'm waiting at the airport or at my Uncle's house. At least it gives me an idea what fluff Americans have been filling their heads with.

Important to note that I'm neither defending nor supporting neither. So carry on...

15. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    trtripoli

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    +1 on everything. That news clip is the first news I've watched in the past few months. Reading newspaper articles online is what I try to do, even they feed so a lot of one sided bs.

16. Apr 17, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    To me it just doesn't make much sense to get all upset over something that an opposing network does. Virtually every one of my friends who identify as being conservative almost exclusively watch Fox, or indicate that Fox is their chosen, most favored network. I also have friends that are more liberal and choose either NPR, PBS, or CNN as their news choices.

Reading on here, its pretty clear that the paradigm of Fox being the network of choice for conservatives is again proven as evidences by the repeated bashing of other non-fox networks as well as the defense of Fox.

The bottom line is that if you're conservative and watch Fox, it shouldn't be a mystery that CNN or NPR twists the story to be more to their viewer's liking. The same when someone who watches CNN sees Fox doing the same. Remember that these two networks are private businesses and as such seek to develop and cater to a solid base. Business-wise its a smart move. Both make boatloads of money and again- as seen here- have eager viewers happy to defend them fiercely. That means more money for them. But it also makes for bad reporting.

17. Apr 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Well, I used to watch CNN HLN when Glen Beck was on there. I still watch Lou Dobbs when I can. Fox is not the only good source of news but there are not many others out there that will tell it like it is. Most just cater to the left; that's obvious.

18. Apr 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    bobf46

bobf46 Do Not Try This At Home

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    A.R.E Hard Tonneaucover,Nerf bars
    Cnn = pinheads

19. Apr 17, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    SilverSeven

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    maybe it has to do with the whole Liberal attitude... I mean Conservatives can be jackasses dont get me wrong, but This lady on CNN is a perfect example of the liberal BS that I friggin HATE... I cant stand B*tches like her... same goes for guys like Anderson Cooper, , they think they are all that. That lady is the same b*tch that cut you off in traffic this morning and didnt even notice! shes to absorbed in her own f*cking bubble that whatever is happening in the real world is of little to no matter.

F that B

Products Discussed in

To Top