1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Co-Worker had Home Invasion

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Hipster, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Nov 24, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Good for the OP's coworker, sounds like he did great. I hope I'd do the same thing under pressure.

2. Nov 24, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    There was very little info from these posts and we really don't know all that happened. If you have a shotgun and you’re in the same room as the burglar, he could easily try to grab your shotgun. From the info we have posted here, he could have shot the guy and it would most likely be justified.

3. Nov 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Great Post Tiger fan!!

4. Nov 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    LOL a catch pole would have been perfect. Could have helped him up in the window and handled business. :eek:

Yes, most likely.

If someone attempts to disarm you, during a break-in/robbery/person-person violent crime....99% of people would be able to articulate the need for deadly force at that point.

The old saying goes "its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

5. Nov 25, 2010 at 4:25 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    OP happy to hear things worked out the way they did and no one got hurt.

Jeff, thanks for the tips :thumbsup:

6. Nov 25, 2010 at 4:48 AM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Nice, I have wasp spray in the garage already. Amazingly simple idea but one I never thought of. Thanks!

7. Nov 25, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    In the words of the great Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch.."Squirt 'em with the foam, then beat 'em with the red can."

8. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    Az's castle doctrine provides that the homeowner has no duty to retreat and is justified in threatening and or using deadly physical force if you feel your life is in danger.

With that being said.....if someone has broken a window in my home and is illegally entering my house, I feel my life is in danger. He would have left my house in a body bag.

9. Nov 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    Pa Governor just “Vetoed” our Castle Doctrine legislation. Said it would cause more violence. He's gone soon! Thank you!

10. Nov 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i agree.if you enter my house uninvited....YOUR FUCKING DEAD FIRST, THAN ILL ASK QUESTIONS,THAN ILL CALL THE POLICE.

11. Nov 29, 2010 at 9:19 PM
    TxPreRunner

TxPreRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Rockwall, Tx
    Vehicle:
    Factory (for now) Silver, 04 PreRunner, 2.7L
    Absolutely nothing..for now..
    Good ole' Texas castle law. I have the right to defend my person, a third party, my property, or third person's property, if I thinks it's in danger.

I, and my family are all big hunters, shooters, and anything else you can think of. We are from Texas, we aren't afraid. As far as home invasion goes, we are firm believers in the .45 ACP and 12 Ga.

I don't know if I would of shot the man, but he is breaking into my house, who may have the will and power to kill my wife and kids.

If I was staring at his face in my window, I sure would've liked to have one of those compensators with all the points on the end, so I could go ahead and thump his ugly ass face for breaking my window.

If he grabs the barrel, the guns going off, and out comes the .45 to kill your sorry, thieving, no good, lazy ass, too dumb to work, piece of shit, self.

12. Dec 16, 2010 at 8:58 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    Like my grandpa does and what i'll do when i'm on my own, 12 ga. with bird shot to injure the perp and buck shot to kill that son of a bitch if you have the need to shoot again

Products Discussed in

To Top