1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coast Guard pilot facing charges for July 2010 crash.

Discussion in 'Military' started by 4x4Runner, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Oct 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner [OP] Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Saw this on Military.com. A co pilot from a MH-60 that went down off of La Push Washington killing all crew except him is facing 2 counts of negligent homicide and other charges.

Now before anyone goes off speculating... The help was on route to Sitka, AK from Astoria, OR. The help struck a aerial power line that was running from La Push to an island just off shore. Hopefully the investigation gets to the bottom of why the helo hit the lines.

I feel bad for the guy, losing his crew and the pilot, recouping from the injuries and now facing charges.

2. Oct 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Jon, did you read most of the preliminaries? I don't really like the guy after reading it, but he is paying the price every day. Adam Hoke was a really good guy, and one of the first people to introduce me into CG aviation. I am a bit bitter about it, but I don't really think he should go to the brig.

3. Oct 28, 2011 at 2:09 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is a lot of emotion about this and a lot of fine nuances that folks who are not intimately familiar with CG aviation won't necessarily understand.
    Please don't speculate or make wild accusations until the facts are all available.

4. Oct 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke

Agreed. Hence why I didn't state any, but I'm sure you know the same I do.

5. Oct 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yup.

6. Oct 29, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner [OP] Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Me and one of the 3rd's responded to support the CISM's and investigators at the Station. I haven't read anything on it except what I saw on military.com. I won't speculate on anything and hope to read the investigation report once it's completed.

I know nothing other than what I saw at Station Q River.

Products Discussed in

To Top