1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CoastieRon's Progression of Idiocy journal & BS

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by CoastieRon, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Apr 4, 2018 at 7:42 PM
    CoastieRon

CoastieRon [OP] Hammocking Fool

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    F the crown. I'm liberatarian. Victimless crime.....

Love your wheels btw. That's one thing I'm not changing (unless awesome deal). Tires on the other hand.....

ThisIsCovy likes this.
  2. Apr 5, 2018 at 3:34 AM
    TacoDread

TacoDread Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 6-speed manual
    17” fuels -12mm offset w 31” FUEL AT gripper tired. MBRP 3” exhaust, prinsu roof rack, Baja designs fog lights, winjet aftermarket tail lights. Underdog racing short throw shifter, RC leveling kit, AFE cold air intake... for now
    @CoastieRon F the crown is right, i agree 100%, And i still have seen lights on the road in Nashua, hudson and so on. The problem will be when it’s sticker time, my guy wouldn’t pass me because of it. Thanks for the wheel compliments... but I’m gonna change it tho... i know i know... i have a problem with keeping shit stock. I’m gonna keep the tires on aftermarket wheels, but as soon as i lift the truck I’m getting bigger tires too. Btw, if a silver taco beeps at you it’s me lol.

CoastieRon[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 5, 2018 at 3:39 AM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    There's an orange (inferno?) One I see all the time on RT 3 that's just mint with lift/grill etc. I usually beep at this car though

IMG_20180216_072134.jpg

4. Apr 5, 2018 at 4:50 AM
    TacoDread

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    17” fuels -12mm offset w 31” FUEL AT gripper tired. MBRP 3” exhaust, prinsu roof rack, Baja designs fog lights, winjet aftermarket tail lights. Underdog racing short throw shifter, RC leveling kit, AFE cold air intake... for now
    I’ll keep a look out for that inferno. Lol, epic license plate.

5. Apr 5, 2018 at 4:51 AM
    TacoDread

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    Also if you don’t mind @CoastieRon im gonna be picking your brain on some of you mods. I wanna do the TRD skid plate too, don’t know if i should go through the dealer or online, to get the best price. Also on install some folks said it was hard, you seem pretty handy... i sir, am not. Lol.

6. Apr 5, 2018 at 5:38 AM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    Toyota of Nashua. They had the best price, better than on line (when I purchased it, $357.50). They had to order it from their Boston warehouse. I didn't think it was hard. Undo the bolts from the old one, drop it down. The new one has bolt holders on it so you just line up the holes and go. I used a lowrider creeper, balanced the skidplate on my chest/stomach and creeped under. Torqued to spec (I can't remember the ft pounds off hand).

I'm not very handy, but I can wrench ok. My cousin is a superstar with auto mechanics, he's in the tail end of a ridiculous resto-mod of a 72 LeMans:

MVIMG_20180204_145259.jpg

He used to work for Phase 2 Autobody is Westford. He does a ton of paint work on motorcycles, friend's cars, etc. Kid has his own powder coating booth. He picked the house he's in just for the garage(s). Friggen slick. Anyway, he's been doing a lot of stuff for me lately as trade for me helping with the stereo system we are putting in the LeMans. He's helping me do the suspension because he has done them before (and he has a sweet portable jack system). I can do it (you can learn ANYTHING on youtube, half of my MBA I could have learned there), but I need to be supervised when I feel like I'm "too deep in the pool".

Web forums are the devil for me, quite frankly. It's the same pattern for me over and over again with every hobby. Cigars? Yep, I was on like 4 webforums for cigar smokers, and at one point had a ridiculous humidor stocked with cigars. I haven't had to buy cigars in for 5 years now, and my youngest cigar is 5 years old. But I am getting down to the last 100 though. My first Toyota Tundra? Yep, Tundra Solutions, modded the hell out of it. When I got my Audi A4, it was game on. I got $3k more than I should have because I had every receipt, and a spreadsheet with every single thing I did to it, date purchased, mounted, etc. Oh yeah, that web forum was Audizine. My second Tundra I didn't do much to, but was still on Tundra Solutions.

Edited to add: Not to mention firearms. Now that can be a rabbit hole.

The amount of money that I spent was ridiculous, but that Audi really made me smile.

Anyways, a doctorate student of psychology could do his whole doctorate thesis on web forum behavior.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  7. Apr 5, 2018 at 5:41 AM
    MMoreno16

MMoreno16 Cupcake Forest Ranger

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Beautiful car!

8. Apr 5, 2018 at 5:56 AM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    He has done everything himself. Everything. I'm just helping out with some wiring and speaker placement. Last night we were discussing moving the shift from the steering column to a B&M on the floor. He is designing a center console for it that is going to integrate a 7" double din with apple play, usb port, etc. This is what he started with:

lemans before.jpg

9. Apr 5, 2018 at 5:57 AM
    MMoreno16

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Looking forward to seeing it all done. Its looking great.

10. Apr 5, 2018 at 6:04 AM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    Yeah, it is. I had to beg and convince him to do kick panel speakers instead of dying the kick panels and just doing rear decks. Told him "dude, just fucking do it all right NOW". He's been begging me to get a muscle car too, but I bought the Taco...... I have too many other toys and activities to even think about trying to restore a car, and it would end up being a notch Mustang, and I would be sucked into another black hole webforum of throwing money LMAO.

11. Apr 5, 2018 at 6:16 AM
    MMoreno16

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    :spending::spending::spending::spending::spending::spending::spending::spending::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

12. Apr 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM
    TacoDread

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    @CoastieRon your cousin has some SERIOUS skills. I can wrench ok too, I’m a pipefitter by trade, but when it comes to automotive work, forget going too deep, i can’t fucking swim at all. Take that back, I’ll drown on the shallow end. I’ve never been part of a forum before, but now that I’m on this one i can totally see your point. I get new pointers everyday, and the dollars just keep stacking up on my eBay watch list. That’s an awesome price on the skid plate! But I’m gonna call the Salem Toyota, i had a bad experience buying my taco in Nashua( they wouldn’t get me a standard one, Rockingham got me that shit the same day i put the money down) so it’d be awkward to walk in the Nashua dealership after the fall out, hopefully they’ll have the same price in Salem. But back to your cousin, the guy has some a gift with cars, does he work on anyone else’s cars or just friends? Either way it’s cool, i just need someone that i can trust knows what they’re doing and has the right tools to do the work.
    P.S. don’t even get into firearms... my “cheap” AR build ended up costing me more than double what i budgeted, and I’m still not done yet fml haha

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  13. Apr 5, 2018 at 11:03 AM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    Yeah, I built my first one right after Newtown. That shit cost me $1600 (but it shoots way better than I do).

He does primarily friends. I'm telling you, you can learn anything from youtube. If you can assemble a stripped lower, you can change out a skidplate.

I used my bank's buying service purchasing mine. Had funding, down payment and trade in all lined up. Only had to haggle with the trade in at Nashua, and I got more than I wanted for it. It was sold the next day. I just picked out the truck, and they had it ready for me to test drive (I use USAA). So I took out like 3 levels of bullshit.....

14. Apr 5, 2018 at 11:58 AM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    IMG_08011~2.jpg

All powder coated!

MrBrooks likes this.
  15. Apr 5, 2018 at 1:03 PM
    TacoDread

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    Yea i didn’t have that benefit. But the issue wasn’t financing or pricing, it was simply getting me a sport in standard. They gave me a song and dance about how the nearest one was in PA and it would cost big money to get. So they tried to push me onto an inferno automatic with all these options i didn’t want. MSRP 38.6k. I said ok, lemme think about it, they damn near tied me up so i wouldn’t leave... i go to Toyota of Rockingham the guy goes sure, give us 3 colors and a 500 dollar deposit and we’ll get it for you. This was at 10 am... at 6pm they called me said they had it exactly as i wanted, standard, and it would be in the next day.. from LACONIA NH. Oh, it was also 34.6k. So i was bullshit that Nashua lied to me and gave them a piece of my mind, i also shut down the deal they had with my wife for a Rav4 and took her to Rockingham, and she got a better deal there too. I won’t give Nashua a penny of my money, even if i gotta pay more somewhere else. They had no good answer for me.

16. Apr 5, 2018 at 1:04 PM
    TacoDread

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    Also the exhaust tip is sick, quality workmanship.

17. Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    Close up

IMG_20180405_160548.jpg

18. Apr 5, 2018 at 7:44 PM
    CoastieRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Nashua
    Vehicle:
    Lil' Silver
    Too much.
    And mounted.

IMG_20180405_223725.jpg IMG_20180405_223743.jpg

MMoreno16 likes this.
  19. Apr 6, 2018 at 8:08 AM
    MMoreno16

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    I think im going to tackle that little project this weekend as well.

20. Apr 8, 2018 at 1:57 AM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    Woof. Any extras? I got about 32.6 out if them for a 17 OR last year.

They still suck

Products Discussed in

To Top