1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Code P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by megamole, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Mar 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    megamole

megamole [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab longbed Sport Package
    Westin Platinum Series Tube Steps, Westin Bullbar, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneu cover, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Removed back seat storage for a Toolbox, Helwig EZ990 helper springs, weather tech floor liners, custum bed lights
    No the oil pan and transfer case were not removed, however they can see into the bottom end of the engine. They said mine looked brand new aswell as the upper minus the fact that the valve guides were dry and cracked casuing the oil to get into the intake runners making them black. Here are some pics of the head, engine minus heads and timing cover, and dirty intake runners.

IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg

2. Mar 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    doormanndan

doormanndan Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Inland Empire CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco pre runner
    Pulled my engine today:eek:, glad I did beyond the fact that it makes it quite easy to get all the necessary parts off of replace the head gasket. I found the flex plate completely cracked at every torque converter bolt and on its last web in the center, Just think how pissed I would be if I would have got the truck running again just to have the flywheel (flex plate) come apart and tare up the bell housing. No surprise this truck has been a maintenance nightmare. All Toyota says after they note the issue in my file is "can I help you in any other way today Mr Lyman" Although I do not think it makes much difference, perhaps I will stick to American trucks in the future.

Products Discussed in

To Top