1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cold Air Intake with Supercharger 2010 V6

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by patrickockander, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    patrickockander

patrickockander [OP] Say What?

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    TACOMA TRD Offroad version 4x4
    Supercharged, Hood Lift-struts, Borlas, 2-tone Leather, Husky Liners, 16" Completely rewired audio system, Components front/rear, Dbl Limo Tint, 2-din JVC KWNX7000BT (DVD+GPS), TRD CAI, disabled seatbelt alarm, E3 Plugs, Halo Headlights, Tuck-in style Rain guards, dealer sticker removed, Step rail,
    Ok, so I thought getting a new TRD CAI was going to be simple, but turns out I'm getting stonewalled.. I'm a bit baffled by all this.

I've got a 2010 4.0 Supercharged Tacoma, and the dealership disclosed to me that at the bottom of his screen the fine print reads something like, "will not fit, not emissions legal, will void warranty."

Has anyone else run into this? What is the solution? Will the TRD CAI fit my application without any problems?

The part number is: ptr05-35061

2. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
  3. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    patrickockander

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged, Hood Lift-struts, Borlas, 2-tone Leather, Husky Liners, 16" Completely rewired audio system, Components front/rear, Dbl Limo Tint, 2-din JVC KWNX7000BT (DVD+GPS), TRD CAI, disabled seatbelt alarm, E3 Plugs, Halo Headlights, Tuck-in style Rain guards, dealer sticker removed, Step rail,
    Yeah, I was reading through that post earlier... I've heard nothing like this before today, so I'm going to go ahead with it. I ordered it from the local dealer and got it for $359- shipped... I'll pick it up tomorrow morning and install it later on.

Will update this post for future review by others.

Oh, fyi, if you want the lowest price from the stealership, ask them to match the lowest price you've found on the internet and they'll drop the price significantly...originally the price was $427.00

4. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    patrickockander

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
  5. Nov 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    What?

LOL

To Top