1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

College grad program

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by steelerfan7p, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Feb 24, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    steelerfan7p

steelerfan7p [OP] My other car is a Bugatti

Member:
    First Name:
    Yes
    Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champi
    Vehicle:
    Non-TRD, Non-SR5, Non- Prerunner
    Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Metra IPod Adapter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, I was added to the truck to make it better, so does that count as a Mod?
    If you've graduated college in the last 2 years you can get a rebate on any new Toyota vehicle. http://www.toyotafinancial.com/cons...5255?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_CollGradFinProg . It's not a whole lot, but it's something. Also, you are guaranteed to get an interest rate no higher than 7.0% (at least where I bought mine). Again, this isn't that good, but if you're just coming out of college, this probably isn't too bad.

Be prepared to show proof of everything, though. They scanned my diploma and wanted to see pay stubs proving my job was related to my degree.

2. Feb 24, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    steelerfan7p

Member:
    First Name:
    Yes
    Vehicle:
    Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Metra IPod Adapter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, I was added to the truck to make it better, so does that count as a Mod?
    Also, my dealer didn't even know about this program; I had to print off this page and show them before they'd accept it.

3. Feb 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    Quiks66

Quiks66 Member

Member:
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 X-Runner
    That sounds great for people fresh out of college that don't have much credit. Thanks for the link.

4. Feb 24, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    There are definately bennefits for financing a car as a recent college grad. The lender I work for has a pretty good "college grad program" as well. The sad thing is that so many don't know about the programs.

Its just another plus for graduating with higher education :thumbsup:

5. Feb 7, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    mbush

mbush Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anyone use this recently? Is there a minimum amount you have to borrow to qualify for the $1000. Also, now that there is 0% financing, do you think they'd give you that and the discount as well? Just curious, but I'd like to know before I go down to the dealer myself.

6. Feb 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM
    snyder

snyder Active Member

Member:
    none, dont want to void the warranty
    Hmmm, I wonder if I qualify for this. I just bought a 09 Tacoma back in May and I will be graduating college at the end of this semester.

7. Feb 7, 2010 at 2:50 AM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    Nice find steelers I'm sure that could help some people out around here. I still got a few years though :(

8. Feb 7, 2010 at 3:20 AM
    808Raider

808Raider Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawai'i
    I'm assuming the rebate isn't retroactive? I graduated in may bought my taco in November and my jobs related to my degree...Anyone try?

9. Feb 7, 2010 at 4:06 AM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    For me, my dealer even wanted the name of my Dean, and contact information. someone from Toyota actually called my school confirming I graduated. You can combine this deal with others, but no, it is not retroactive.

10. Feb 7, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    celec

celec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport MGM
    I bought my second Tacoma on Friday using this program, so it is still god. The dealer just asked me diploma and paystubs no other question asked. Only thing is that I think he made me buy the 6 years 1000 miles warranty. Rate is 3.9%:)

11. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    briboki

briboki Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Off Road 4x4
    IIRC you have to buy the truck within two years of graduating. I showed them my diploma 11 months after graduating, they photo copied it, and then took the $1k off the price of the truck. Very easy. No hassle.

12. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    mbush

mbush Well-Known Member

Member:
    Briboki, did you have to use their financing? If so, what kind of rate did they give you?

13. Feb 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    briboki

briboki Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Off Road 4x4
    I negotiated the price on my tacoma over the phone. I had financing lined up through my credit union. I walked into the dealer and met the salesman I spoke with on the phone. Told the dealer the rate, asked them to match it. They ran my credit and said they could match it (5.24%). I then pulled my diploma out and said I wanted the 1k college grad rebate. They said okay and made a photo copy of my diploma. It was much easier that I ever imagined. It's my understanding that the rebate comes from Toyota, and not the individual dealer. So the dealer shouldn't have any incentive to hassle you about the rebate.

I did sign a form stating my diploma was valid, they had the right to verify with my college, not a fake, if it was fake I would owe them $1k, etc. I put 50% down on my truck, dunno if there is a minimum down payment required.

I'm 99% sure you have to use their financing. Thats why I asked them to match my credit union, and I brought up the rebate at the very end (to keep it out of negotiations).

14. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    I was going to pay cash for my truck when I bought it, but the dealer informed me I wouldn't get the rebate if I didn't finance it with Toyota. So yes, in order to get the grad rebate, you must use Toyota financing. So I financed it, then paid it off with the first payment.

15. Feb 23, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    mbush

mbush Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just to update, but I was able to get the college grad incentive and 0% financing combined. However, 0% is only for 36 months.

16. Mar 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM
    steelerfan7p

Member:
    First Name:
    Yes
    Vehicle:
    That's another good reminder: as with any factory rebate, don't mention it until you've agreed on a price.

Products Discussed in

To Top