1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Kappes03, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Jul 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM
    johntoyota

johntoyota "I'm higher than you'll ever be." -Treetop

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Down yonder in TN
    Vehicle:
    16 truck
    Ask @Wulf

Wulf, CharlieCafe and w.adventures like this.
  2. Jul 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM
    CharlieCafe

CharlieCafe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wherever the wind blows
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad 4x4 - MGM
    Plethora of "useless" shit
    prison

3. Jul 18, 2019 at 5:45 PM
    pop.tremuloides

pop.tremuloides Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB
    DBACK HD, Armor, SP9100, lights...etc
    So I hate to be the person that "dimes" out a dealership.

However, the "complimentary" service was fine until I checked things that should have been accomplished.

I have lodged a complaint with Toyota and have a case number.

These are all things I can do myself but TBH the dealer is like a MILE from the airport where I work so I figured I would give them a chance.

NOPE.

The only thing that I "believe" happened was the TSS Millimeter wave RADAR tweak and reprogramming....

" 5299 0.8 PERFORMED SSC KOB KOB002 APPLIED SEALER TAP AND UPDATED ECU "

Not even certain at this point that it was accomplished.

The key factor was that the Technician didn't perform simple things AKA washer fluid that was not topped off. (After calling the dealer right after service) should have been accomplished.

Looked at other fluids that I simply put a piece of scotch tape on.....nothing. My DOGs could have even looked at it. ????

The response I got from my service advisor was that "it should have been done and we will make it right"..."he felt rushed"

That is the quote from the SA. My service advisor is a really nice guy and I KNOW he can only trust what his techs do so no fault on him for the lack of professionalism. However, they at least need to do something about it! Right?

Well they did not. Hence my irritation and call to Toyota corporate.

So if my mother-in-law or my Mom wanted service at this dealership, would I bring it there? NO.

I asked for the number to the SA or GM and my advisor could only leave me a message for a voicemail. I left that and then after an hour proceeded to call Toyota Corporate.

I love my truck. I love wrenching and am pretty damn handy around a vehicle. What I don't like is being lied to for "free" service.

Never again will I trust this dealer.

Anxiously awaiting a response from someone. Toyota USA stated I should get a call within 24 hrs. I'll be patient but after that....DONT PISS ME OFF.

Rant mode off....

Now its time to unbox my Prime Day stuff.....:)

Christmas in July!!!!!

johntoyota and EnBoo like this.
  4. Jul 18, 2019 at 5:57 PM
    thefatkid

thefatkid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2004 thingy
    I've built a couple, long time ago. They seemed to be reboxed Yukons if I remember correctly.

5. Jul 18, 2019 at 6:01 PM
    thefatkid

thefatkid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2004 thingy
    Factory electronic brake master cylinders will still provide the same braking force with or without the engine running.

Possibly one of his many "out of pocket mods" had a part in the conditions at occurred, I don't really know. I have heard that he had very little off road experience so that could come into play also.

6. Jul 18, 2019 at 6:29 PM
    Wulf

Wulf no brain just damage

Member:
    First Name:
    Kira
    1789 28th St, Boulder, CO 80301
    Vehicle:
    rock raisin
    It's easier to blame the truck than it is to admit you panicked and fucked up :homer:

CO MTN Steve and JasonLee like this.
  7. Jul 18, 2019 at 8:13 PM
    spongejosh

spongejosh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 TuRD Off Road
    3" lift, 275/80/17, skids, sliders, scratches
    I know that's an auto but I stall my manual all the time on the trail and never lost brakes. Sometimes I have to push harder to keep it on the edge of a shelf but the brakes are still there. I bet someone drilled into his head not to brake so he wouldn't roll backwards then he didn't realize he was off the hill.

xxTacocaTxx likes this.
  8. Jul 18, 2019 at 8:18 PM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    my GX has rolled through its parking brake on a small incline. i mostly need to adjust the e-brake but its entirely possible for it on that incline.

CO MTN Steve likes this.
  9. Jul 18, 2019 at 8:21 PM
    acidchylde

acidchylde Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport AC, black, still pretty much stock
    1. Yes, someone either misread or made an assumption and many quickly dogpiled. Gates being ignored or vandalized is a significant issue in this area, so some are pretty touchy about it and may jump the gun. In fact, there is a tendency for a mob mentality for suspect activity - the topic has come up before, and both sides have just exacerbated it in some cases (as in, polite comment or correction met by 'fuck you I don't have to do what you say' as well as people mobbing an innocent mistake or even perfectly valid trail use that just didn't look that way from the picture).

2. You would be surprised. A group your size could have made that bypass in a day. The high country is thin and fragile, and it really does not take much to make something look like it's been there a while.

3. Would not have been the forest service, for a number of reasons, and ultimately doesn't matter anyway though you are correct that bypasses present a challenge to those unfamiliar with the trail. It sounds like damage had been done at the point you arrived, but the way it was presented in your original post was... open to interpretation.

4. You friend probably should have known better then, but the FS is a big org with many roles. I am not implying anything about your group of friends with this, but some of the community are significantly more committed to leave no trace and stay the trail than others. There are certain people and groups who are generally not welcome here because of repeated disregard and abuse of LNT issues, and not being open to being educated about it or changing. The group made a call, the wrong one, through ignorance or intention, and it is what it is.

5. That is not a 'made up standard', and the attitude that language implies will not endear you to anyone here. It is a high standard, I will grant you that. I am NOT going to open the can of worms that is 'members of this site', suffice to say that not everyone here is equally educated or 'passionate' about STT.

6. Yeah. They were all (or some of) busy on another trail clearing the obstacles that were causing a previously reported bypass. And we weren't even aware of that one yet. Your effort to clean up and clear the trail is appreciated, but bad idea to try and use that against others here who would and do the same thing. Yes, the dogpile was uncalled for - it should have been a simple 'shouldn't have done that because' and that be the end of it.

7. I don't know the mod story. They deal with Some Shit here, so shoot first ask questions later isn't unexpected. You're right, a note accompanying the ban explaining it was for going off trail and posting about it should have been there as a minimum (imho anyway). Also isn't fair you got tagged and not the other person. I don't agree with not even having a chance to respond, but at the same time with off-trail being a bannable offense... Bottom line, unless you were told by a mod specific reasons, it wasn't done with assumptions or partial information. "People had driven around, so did we" is all it really takes. It certainly could have been done better (again, imho), but I'm not a mod and I wouldn't want to be.

8. Again, calling people 'elitist' isn't going to do you any favors. As much as we don't know you, you don't know us (hell, a lot of us don't even know each other). There are a *lot* of people here who would not take a bypass, particularly if known or suspected to be illegal. There are legal bypasses in a lot of cases, and as I said above, it can be really hard to tell sometimes. I don't think in your case it was at all unclear, and at that level how worn it was is irrelevant. There is no maybe, you made a mistake. And yes, people do make them. Again, there's no need to argue about it, a simple 'you shouldn't do that' 'ok' is all that's really needed, but unfortunately didn't happen here. And yes, you back up to a reasonable passing spot before you go off trail. Both of those have room for interpretation. I've personally backed up a quarter mile or more because some jackass insisted he had the ROW instead of himself backing down a hundred yards or just waiting for me as oncoming he knew was there, and I have backed *down* trail to allow a built rig that could easily ride the cut around me so they wouldn't even have to consider it.

10. Jul 18, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    w.adventures

w.adventures Adventure is out there

Member:
    Nowheresville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Lexus GX470 Family Hauler
    Good to know! Thanks. Had me scared the misinformation I was reading.

11. Jul 19, 2019 at 2:42 AM
    Martyinco

Martyinco Well-Known Member

Member:
  12. Jul 19, 2019 at 3:19 AM
    odomandr

odomandr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSBTRDOR silver streak mica
    Icon, AllPro, Total Chaos, ARB, BAMF, Relentless, SCS, Cooper, Leer,
  13. Jul 19, 2019 at 5:52 AM
    JasonLee

JasonLee Hello? I'm a truck.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Q322+3C Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD OffRoad
    TRD Supercharger and more.
    It’s Friday, y’all!

cshrum and MrWednesday like this.
  14. Jul 19, 2019 at 6:55 AM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    jubei and CO MTN Steve like this.
  15. Jul 19, 2019 at 7:01 AM
    Wulf

Wulf no brain just damage

Member:
    First Name:
    Kira
    1789 28th St, Boulder, CO 80301
    Vehicle:
    rock raisin
  16. Jul 19, 2019 at 7:05 AM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 [OP] Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Dude wants to ski, not pee from his butt all weekend

JDM, 303tacoma, Boomer3731 and 11 others like this.
  17. Jul 19, 2019 at 7:05 AM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    Yes!
    Ski Green Mountain and party all night at Casa Bonita!

Wulf[QUOTED], rngr and CO MTN Steve like this.
  18. Jul 19, 2019 at 7:07 AM
    dmurph1996

dmurph1996 Beer me

Member:
    First Name:
    murph
    Arvada, CO
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    :rofl::rofl:

CO MTN Steve likes this.
  19. Jul 19, 2019 at 7:08 AM
    CO MTN Steve

CO MTN Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    RaMbLiN' CoLoRaDo
    Vehicle:
    2015 Taco DCSB Blue
    Lifted, Armored, needs more lights.
    I will add that the Altitude and Alcohol will kick your azz, seen far too many people come out to do just that from VA and after a beer or 2 they are calling it a night ~6pm.

Pretty much all the Ski resorts have self contained base villages so not having to drive is easy.

Wulf and JasonLee like this.
  20. Jul 19, 2019 at 7:15 AM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    You are the first recommendation. Haha. Thank you!
    Or maybe I do... Hmmm:notsure:
    Noted. Will check into it. Thank you, sir.
    That is extremely useful information. Thank you. I'll have to work on my pacing. I have zero altitude experience.

Products Discussed in

To Top