1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado law, Confused!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by ToyComa92, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Oct 3, 2011 at 4:48 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Ive been reading up on Concealed laws and Open carry and what not and have really confused myself with all the laws and ins and outs, Im 20 and ive been lead to believe that i couldnt Own or carry a handgun until im 21, OK cool i can live with that.

But then i see in Colorado that its legal for anyone over 18 to OWN a handgun, But you cant purchase or Conceal a handgun until your 21... Okay so say i get a handgun passed down from a family member, And i put it in my truck... The law states that if the Handgun is in your personal vehicle it isn't considered Concealed, Therefore Legal to be in my truck?

Sweet, Ive always wanted to protect myself when im driving (been attacked by other driver before) I just want to really get a full grasp of the law before i do anything. I mean... What if i get pulled over... and i tell the officer its in my console vault... That seems like he would pull me out and arrest me on the spot for Unlawful Conceal? Anybody with some first hand experience with this?

Thanks guys.

2. Oct 3, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    Ivan

Ivan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, 4x4 + SR5
    The sticky at the top of this forum section titled Buying your first handgun, has some useful links, check it outtt!

3. Oct 3, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Okay there's the law that states you can carry in your vehicle without a Conceal permit.

18-12-204. Permit Contents - Validity - Carrying Requirements.
    (3) (a) a person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without
    obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:
    (I) the handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of
    conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense.

On RMGo_Org it says this for owning a handgun:

Posession of a handgun.
    State law: Under 18 cannot possess with some exceptions.
    Federal law: Under 18 cannot possess with some exceptions.

Providing of a handgun
    State law: Under 18 cannot possess with some exceptions.
    Federal law: Federal firearms licensees (FFLs) prohibited from selling to any person under 21.

So I can own a handgun and it can be in my truck, Question is now Can i put it in my console, And Can it or cannot it not be loaded.

4. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:36 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    id ask this over on Opencarry.org in the colorado specific forum...

Products Discussed in

To Top